Cayman beaches

TMANGO

83 people viewed and no one responded. I guess there is no beach in cayman that has amenities and you won't feel like a sardine...:confused:

No... it's just that this thread will likely be moved to the Ports of Call board for the Cayman Islands. That is where you will find a copious amount of threads on beaches. I will give you the link if you don't already know it ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147 <---click here

I'll chime in. This past September we spent the day at Calico Jacks. $20 for two chairs and a large umbrella. Great beach and free wifi (bonus!). We did not eat or drink, but they had a decent menu. We did not feel crowded at all, but it was September so not sure if that was the reason.

Here are a few pictures.

DSC02976.jpg.d29b84f1bb6c66f10d7adabae5e11f89.jpg

DSC02977.jpg.686adf1102208646618a98b005e7bc80.jpg

DSC02978.jpg.e87ed5452dd4b9fc9b1941f92e156c2f.jpg

DSC02979.jpg.ffa7f7f6b9489017859e563048b718c0.jpg

We are going to Rum Point beach while in Grand Cayman next month from Indy. It is on the other side of the island, and we are renting a jeep and going for the day. Takes about 45 minutes to get there from cruise port. A fabulous little peace of Heaven in the Caribbean! Here is the info from tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d149242-Reviews-Rum_Point-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

Beautiful calm waters, free beach chairs, a little restaurant & bar (the Wreck Bar, pricy but delicious), and a bathroom and with changing rooms too. Very neat and clean. We LOVE it there!

I went to a beach through an excursion years ago (seven mile beach excursion) we were put in a roped off area with other cruisers and we definitely felt like sardines...lol.

Thanks to everyone for the information!

Checkout the "Public Beach" you can rent chairs and they have a restroom. Calico Jack is just 300' up the beach for food, alcohol and picnic tables.

This is a old clip but when I was there last year they had chair rentals and floating iceberg and climbing wall etc.

Checkout the "Public Beach" you can rent chairs and they have a restroom. Calico Jack is just 300' up the beach for food, alcohol and picnic tables.

This is a old clip but when I was there last year they had chair rentals and floating iceberg and climbing wall etc.

Thanks for the clip. I do think we will probably do the beach near Calico Jacks.

are there any beaches that you can walk to? or do you need an excursion or a cab.

I'm planning on doing the Carnival Snuba excursion which we can walk to and I was wondering if after snuba-ing there is a beach that we could hang out for abit before it's time to reboard?

thanks!

are there any beaches that you can walk to? or do you need an excursion or a cab.

I'm planning on doing the Carnival Snuba excursion which we can walk to and I was wondering if after snuba-ing there is a beach that we could hang out for abit before it's time to reboard?

thanks!

Many excursions operators are willing to drop PAX at popular beaches after your excursion. Taxi to Seven Mile beach is only $4-5pp.

Archived