Disembarkation Question?

McMer

Our family is doing a round trip Alaska cruise from Seattle this coming summer on Westerdam. We're beginning to look at airfare for everyone and one consideration for our return will be what time we can disembark from the ship if it arrives in Seattle at 7:00am. Does Holland run a transfer bus to the airport (or maybe several)? Thanks ahead for the input.:)

Have done your Alaskan Westerdam cruise.

Don't expect the ship to clear right away. One time we did not clear until nearly 9 AM.

It can be quite a hassle to get through Pier 91. And pier 91 is not near the airport - allow at least 45 minutes to get from the ship to the airport.

HAL transfer buses take a while to fill -- they fo not leave the pier until they are nearly filled.

We prefer to use a limmo service -- AlreadyThereTownCar -- we have used them for years. Last summer we paid about $55 to go from the pier to a hotel right next to the airport.

SeaTac is another issue. No curbside check-in. The lines are long inside for everything -- checking in luggage and getting througn security.

Do not book until after 2 PM. This allows for all delays.

Allow A LOT of time to transit through Sea Tac Airport. We were flying first class on FF miles and it took us about an hour just to get our luggage checked inside the terminal. It is a mystery to me they do not permit curbside luggage check. Then we had a very long line for security. Then we had to walk, walk, walk until we got to the tram we had to take to our gate. We allowed what DH described as ridiculous amount of time and we only waited at our gate about 15 minutes. It was a good thing we did not have an early flight or we would have missed it.

Use a cab or town car it will cost less. I made that mistake last year I thought a made a hotel shuttle but it was a bus and I had to wait over a hour dispite them telling me it would be here in minute. I am solo and wished I gogt the town car or cab. But I got a hotel package. If more than one the price is about the same.

Mary

Thanks everyone for the info. Although we're familiar with Seatac, we haven't done it after a cruise so I'm glad to be forewarned. We're all heading different directions, but I was hoping that we'd be able to make flights around noon? We'll also take your advice on the town cars.

Have done your Alaskan Westerdam cruise.

Don't expect the ship to clear right away. One time we did not clear until nearly 9 AM.

It can be quite a hassle to get through Pier 91. And pier 91 is not near the airport - allow at least 45 minutes to get from the ship to the airport.

HAL transfer buses take a while to fill -- they fo not leave the pier until they are nearly filled.

We prefer to use a limmo service -- AlreadyThereTownCar -- we have used them for years. Last summer we paid about $55 to go from the pier to a hotel right next to the airport.

SeaTac is another issue. No curbside check-in. The lines are long inside for everything -- checking in luggage and getting througn security.

Do not book until after 2 PM. This allows for all delays.

I agree about Already There town car. We used their service and it was outstanding.

Also, if HAL still has the Luggage Direct program for Seattle and if your airline is one that participates, you might want to pay the extra for that service. Your bags go directly from ship to your final destination. You don't have to check in your luggage at the airport. You'll already have your boarding pass and can go directly to Security. We loved that service, was well worth the additional $20 per person price.

I agree about Already There town car. We used their service and it was outstanding.

Also, if HAL still has the Luggage Direct program for Seattle and if your airline is one that participates, you might want to pay the extra for that service. Your bags go directly from ship to your final destination. You don't have to check in your luggage at the airport. You'll already have your boarding pass and can go directly to Security. We loved that service, was well worth the additional $20 per person price.

If you are staying overnight and not flying until next day, how can you do luggage direct? You mention staying at hotel next to airport..... so how did it work you could send your luggage yet not fly that day?

Thanks.

You can take Shuttle Express from the pier cheaper than HAL transportation.

Are flight depart SEA at 1:15pm for the last two years. Off the ship at 8:30

At the gate 9:30. 6 in our group ages from 2yrs to 60yrs so we don't rush any where! We do use luggage express

• 2 weeks later...

Question on the Luggage Direct $20 per person. There are 2 of us in our party however we only have one checked bag. Do we both have to pay $20?

Question on the Luggage Direct $20 per person. There are 2 of us in our party however we only have one checked bag. Do we both have to pay $20?

Luggage Direct cost $20 for 2 checked bags so you could pay for only 1 person

But they also check you in & print your boarding pass for you.

So the second person would have to do that once you arrive at the airport.

We can't use Luggage Direct out of any disembarkation port as we always have to stay overnight and fly very early the next morning which includes layovers.

Same for us. We just about never fly home the day the cruise ends.

We always stay at least one or more nights in debark port.

One sometimes two nights post cruise is the norm for us. It is too much hassle to end a cruise by rushing to the airport and dealing with the masses.

Archived