Getting your nails done on the STAR

Mr_Astro

In a tad less over a month from now DW & I will be be boarding the STAR heading to LA. In a few days she'll be getting her pre-cruise nail job but intends on getting an 'adjustment' betwixt BA and LA.

On a recent cruise DW did the same but was disappointed to learn that they could not remove the old 'goo' because they (the spa on the ship) could only do (and here is where we forget what was done at home) either a shellac coating or a gel coating and the coating DW had on could not be removed by the staff in the spa.

Our question is (for the ladies (mostly)): if you have had a nail job done recently on a ship (STAR, preferably), do they apply a gel coating or a shellac coating.

Your answer will decide what 'goo' she puts on in a few days time.

In a tad less over a month from now DW & I will be be boarding the STAR heading to LA. In a few days she'll be getting her pre-cruise nail job but intends on getting an 'adjustment' betwixt BA and LA.

On a recent cruise DW did the same but was disappointed to learn that they could not remove the old 'goo' because they (the spa on the ship) could only do (and here is where we forget what was done at home) either a shellac coating or a gel coating and the coating DW had on could not be removed by the staff in the spa.

Our question is (for the ladies (mostly)): if you have had a nail job done recently on a ship (STAR, preferably), do they apply a gel coating or a shellac coating.

Your answer will decide what 'goo' she puts on in a few days time.

Shellac. That stuff was a nightmare. My local nail place ended up having to grind it off my nails after more then 6 weeks.

I was recently on the Crown and wanted a mani-pedi for New Years Eve. I saw that they had shellac manis and decided to go for it...It was probably the best mani I have ever had. After coming home I found a salon nearby that also does shellac manis. They had to wrap my nails in cotton then foil after saturating the cotton in straight acetone to get the shellac off so they could redo them. The shellac manis don't chip or peel and so far I have not found anything negative about them.

If you go on your personalizer you can make you appointments and also see the types of manis and pedis they offer.

Having had both, the main difference is that shellac is removed every time, but gel is filled and not completely removed. Last time I tried to get a fill on a ship, their light machine for curing was not working so they could not do it. I was surprised that they would be dependent on only one machine. I had enquired before boarding because I was on a B2B and hoped to get a fill part way through.

Archived