GTY Category 04A - Worried

ronniegintx

This is our first Disney Cruise and first time booking a GTY cabin. I upgraded more than I would typically and want to make sure that we get the cabin that we paid for. Is there any chance that when we check in the cabin can be less than what we paid for? Is it also a possibility that we could be upgraded further to a bigger / better cabin.

Thanks,

This is our first Disney Cruise and first time booking a GTY cabin. I upgraded more than I would typically and want to make sure that we get the cabin that we paid for. Is there any chance that when we check in the cabin can be less than what we paid for? Is it also a possibility that we could be upgraded further to a bigger / better cabin.

Thanks,

Did you book a 4AGTY? or a VGT? If you booked a 4AGTY, you are guaranteed that DCL will assign you at least a 4A room (or better).

If you booked a VGT, you guaranteed that DCL will assign you a verandah room (of any category).

:)

4A GTY - good news. I guess I will just have to wait until port check in to find out the cabin that we will be assigned too. I am such a planner and love to research the heck out of everything that I will have to keep myself in check for a couple of months.

4A GTY - good news. I guess I will just have to wait until port check in to find out the cabin that we will be assigned too. I am such a planner and love to research the heck out of everything that I will have to keep myself in check for a couple of months.

A GTY can be assigned at any time between now and your actual embarkation date.

Just keep checking your reservation online. One note, if a room number shows up, it will always say 4A (as that's what your booking was) but the room number may actually be another category.

We usually get our room number about 14 days prior to the date of our cruise.

I received my 4agty stateroom number about 45 days from sail date.

GTY assignments generally show up 30-60 days out, while *GT (last minute restricted guarantees) are done around 14 days out.

That being said, it's possible that any guarantee booking won't be assigned until embarkation day.

Archived