Ruby's Caribbean 2013/2014 itinerary 5-9 days

FX8081

Next winters itinerary plan for Ruby in the Caribbean does not make sense to me. I like the idea of being to find a 9 day cruise but the schedule of some of the trips have the Ruby going back to Ft Lauderdale twice or double up on the same port visit's twice. Like going to Cozumel twice of Princess Cays twice. Why? Does this make sense? Now that the Royal is coming do they not know what do with her? Why don't they put her on a itinerary like the Emerald? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm on the Crown Princess for departure date Feb 2nd. Does anyone think they will be playing the Super Bowl on MUTS on the 3rd and a Super Bowl type party?

2nd, what recommendations for port visit to Roatan? Belize? Cozumel? We want to do beaches the most. Does the Crown dock in Roatan at "Mahogany Bay"? or other. Where staying 2 nights before cruise in Galveston and wondering on ideas on good Texan type food eateries (BBQ & Steak & Seafood) & sights? Any recommendations appreciated.;);)

Thanks

We were on the Crown last Feb., and yes, they has the game on MUTS, however; the commercials are not shown since the game is transmitted via satellite. This was the same cruise that never docked as it had reached the CDC threshold for norovirus.

Wash hands, take wipes. Alcohol gel does not kill noro or c.dif.

Next winters itinerary plan for Ruby in the Caribbean does not make sense to me. I like the idea of being to find a 9 day cruise but the schedule of some of the trips have the Ruby going back to Ft Lauderdale twice or double up on the same port visit's twice. Like going to Cozumel twice of Princess Cays twice. Why? Does this make sense? Now that the Royal is coming do they not know what do with her? Why don't they put her on a itinerary like the Emerald? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

This will be the first time that Princess has regularly scheduled winter cruises out of Port Everglades for less than 7 days. They see a market for shorter cruises and want to be a part of it.

So it makes sense if they want to attract new cruisers (to Princess) who want a short getaway. Royal Caribbean, for example, has a nmumber of short cruises from South Florida.

Those who want a longer cruise from Port Everglades can pick one on the Emerald.

The 9-night cruises they list are just a combination of two completely separate, shorter cruises (a 5-night cruise combined with a 4-night cruise that may have a similar port of call) into a single 'package' of sorts. The option to book it as a single 9-night package makes it easier, but since it is actually two separate cruises requires this back-to-back cruise (sold as a 9-night cruise) to have a turn-around day in Fort Lauderdale. This 'turn-around day' allows them to disembark those who just booked the 4-night cruise and pick up those boarding for the new 5-night cruise. Since you booked it as a single '9-nignt package' your just have to disembark, get a new Seapass card, then reboard once the ship clears. I did something similar last year and booked two 5-night cruises on the Celebrity Millennium to make a single 10-day cruise, but had a turnaround day in Miami between the two segments. If you book the Ruby Princess doing a 9-nignt you'll do the same but have your turn-around day in Fort Lauderdale between the two cruises.

Also if you book it as a single 9-night you have to select from specific cabins that they set aside for B2B cruisers and may have better selection if you book it as two separate cruises. Depending on the cost difference it may be worth it to book it as two cruises (5-night and 4-night) to get the separate cruise points (and perks) as opposed to one point for a single 9-night cruise.

Since you booked it as a single '9-nignt package' your just have to disembark, get a new Seapass card, then reboard once the ship clears.

P.S. All of your stuff stays on the ship and in your cabin as your go through this turn-around day process. That's why it's important to aways try and pick the same cabin so you don't have to move everything to the new cabin for the second part of the (9-night cruise) B2B.

And the cruise staff will gather everyone together doing this 9-nignt B2B (they'll leave a letter in your cabin the night prior as to where to meet) and you will all go through the entire process of disembarking, getting new seapass card, and re-embarking as a group. It's very easy. :D

And the cruise staff will gather everyone together doing this 9-nignt B2B (they'll leave a letter in your cabin the night prior as to where to meet) and you will all go through the entire process of disembarking, getting new seapass card, and re-embarking as a group. It's very easy. :D

Or, if you wish, you can leave the ship earlier, any time after disembarkation starts, and do whatever you want in Fort Lauderdale and then return to the ship when you want (after 10:30 AM) up until about an hour before sailaway. You will exit the cruise with your segment 1 cruise card and reboard with your segment 2 cruise card.

Or you could take a Princess excursion that day, also leaving before the "gathering."

Also if you book it as a single 9-night you have to select from specific cabins that they set aside for B2B cruisers and may have better selection if you book it as two separate cruises. A good TA can work with Princess to get you the available cabin you want no matter which selection of cabins (as one or two cruises) shows up.

Depending on the cost difference it may be worth it to book it as two cruises (5-night and 4-night) to get the separate cruise points (and perks) as opposed to one point for a single 9-night cruise. Even if booked as a single cruise, you can get two cruise credits by calling Princess after the B2B isn over.

See above in red

Or, if you wish, you can leave the ship earlier, any time after disembarkation starts, and do whatever you want in Fort Lauderdale and then return to the ship when you want (after 10:30 AM) up until about an hour before sailaway. You will exit the cruise with your segment 1 cruise card and reboard with your segment 2 cruise card.

Or you could take a Princess excursion that day, also leaving before the "gathering."

I did that in Miami. After the ship cleared I walked off (they gave me a special In-Transit Pass) and into town across the Dodge Island bridge. Great views looking back at all the ships lined up. Did some sightseeing and stocked up on some supplies at the CVS, then headed back to the ship. Had to go through Security and the Check-in counter again (to get the new seapass card), then re-boarded the ship without a problem. :D

A good TA can work with Princess to get you the available cabin you want no matter which selection of cabins (as one or two cruises) shows up.

Even if booked as a single cruise, you can get two cruise credits by calling Princess after the B2B isn over.

I'm still 'hands on' and always book everything myself, then transfer the booking to a travel agent. Then the TA can give me any OBC and other perks for giving them the booking. It just works better for me that way.

Wasn't aware that if you booked a combo cruise as a single event, that you could still get credit for all segments. Nice to know! :D

Had to go through Security and the Check-in counter again (to get the new seapass card), then re-boarded the ship without a problem. :D

With Princess you will already have your new cruise card, so after security you can bypass the check-in counter.

Archived