Would like your opinion on this itenerary please

Mahogany Bay,Isla Roatan

Belize

Cozemel

I cant find any excursion in Belize i am interested in....if you know of anything???

I have only done that one once, but we liked that itinerary. In Belize, we went snorkeling othe barrier reef. It's the second largest barrier reef in the world and the water was crystal clear. Then our excursion took us to bannister island to have a couple drinks and relax on the beach. I can't remember what the excursion was called, but it's through carnival.

Great Itinerary

If you snorkel or scuba those are some of the best places in the Caribbean

Snorkeling and going to one of the cayes is always good in Belize

We also have done a cave expedition that included driving a Land rover 4x4 to a break area with rum punch than a speed boat down the river

It was fun and great value

We visited Belize and Roatan on a cruise a couple of years ago.

In Belize, two from our group did an independent cave tour with Major Tom. They had a good time, said it was good value. The thing that the excursion company cannot control is the water level in the caves (if it is dry season or too rainy recently). Two of us took the Carnival excursion (one of the few times we've used the ship's tour) for an airboat ride and bird watching. There were birds, the airboat was fun - but the thing I remember most was the crocodile in its natural habitat!

In Roatan, we went to Anthony's Key Resort for a swim with the dolphins, then over to the beach. Fantastic beach, wonderful sand, beautiful setting. Seawood on the ocean floor which feels very different than, say, the luscious sand in the swimming area at HMC!

Cozumel is extremely easy to do independently. Spend the money to take a taxi into town (the pier we used to dock is a long, long and hot walk from the real town - but the "duty free shopping area" is huge and fun, just not great bargains) and use online resources to find a town map and shops/restaurants you might like to visit. Then taxi back to port.

Just did this last week on the Legend and it was great, however they substituted Costa Maya for Belize then couldnt get into port at Costa Maya due to high winds so we had an extra sea day. Overall great itinerary, Grand Cayaman was the best and if you are up for it I highly recommend the jet ski tour to Stingray City through Fatfish Adventures, it was the highlight of our cruise!

Mahogany Bay,Isla Roatan

Belize

Cozemel

I cant find any excursion in Belize i am interested in....if you know of anything???

how about cave tubbing we done it a couple years ago and loved it.. going back in march gonna find another excursion

Roatan and Belize have some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. I don't know if you're into that, but we've done that itinerary several times now, and that's what we always do at those two stops.

Someone else mentioned the cave tubing in Belize...we have not done that, but my niece and nephew have, and they really enjoyed it!

We did this one, except we missed Belize due to a tender dispute.

Cozumel, we love Mr Sanchos all inclusive.

We LOVED Roatan, we did a private island tour with Vic Bodden, went zip lining, fed the monkeys, went to the beach, it was one of the very best days we've had in port, hope you have a great time:)!!!!

Mahogany Bay,Isla Roatan

Belize

Cozemel

I was just on that itinerary last month on Glory with Grand Cayman our last port. I wanted to go to Goffs Caye or take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Decided against it for a few reasons: 1) we had plenty of beach days, also being on Valor the week before, 2) saved our limited funds, and 3) most importantly, I wasn't sure if DW could handle the long ride in a small, fast boat.

Goff's Caye was where I wanted to go based on all my research.

We loved this itinerary and did it on the Legend 2 years ago. We did the cave tubing in Belize (with an outside vendor, not Carnival) and it was a highlight of the cruise, in Roatan we did the Anthony's Key Dolphin encounter with beach time after (through Carnival) and also enjoyed, GC we went parasailing on our own which was amazing (DD and I saw a sea turtle from up in the air!) and also snorkeled on our own near the port, our first time to GC we did the stingrays through Carnival which was fun, Cozumel we returned to Paradise Beach which the teens loved for the ocean toys, slides, trampolines, etc.

Have done this twice and loved it!!

Cozemel- Swam with the dolphins and still think about it two years later. Booked through Carnival and loved the whole trip. Also did the party boat and what a party that was.

Roatan - Booked cabana and it was such a wonderful beach day. Also did the zip line that was so neat!

Belize - We did the Goffs Caye trip and this is a must do trip! It is beautiful and they grilled fresh lobster for us on the beach. We also did the Cave Tubing and loved that too.

Want to do it all again......You will love this trip.

Mahogany Bay,Isla Roatan

Belize

Cozemel

We did an excursion to Goffs Cay in Belize. It is a very small island with great snorkeling and is beautiful. We also have done the cave tubing in Belize and was awesome as well!

How do i find more info on the trip with the lobster. forgot the name now that im in reply and cant see it,lol.

this is all great advice!!!!!!!!

Booked it through Island Marketing. We use them on a lot of our cruises and have never had a problem. Just google Island Marketing Belize however I did not see that the trip to Goofs Caye still offered the Lobster so make sure you ask them by email. It was Feb 2012 when we went so I can not believe they don't still offer it but you better check. Hope it is ok that I posted their name I am new on here and hope I didn't break any rules :eek:

Archived