price drop after last payment made?

TVanTuyl

I am on a Princess cruise in April and am curious if prices ever drop in the period of time after the 90 days mark when payments have to be in by and prior to departure? I've seen other people posting about decreases and was just curious!

Prices drop all the time after you make final payment. But most of the time that price drop is not for you. They are trying to fill a ship that you are already booked on. They are not going to give you a price reduction for something you already signed up for. They are trying to get more people to sign up..

I am on a Princess cruise in April and am curious if prices ever drop in the period of time after the 90 days mark when payments have to be in by and prior to departure? I've seen other people posting about decreases and was just curious!

I would always call and check! As long as it is not for "new bookings only"…you never know...

If you do notice a price drop after final payment you might not be eligible for the lower price since you're already booked on the cruise. HOWEVER, you might be eligible to switch to a higher category for the price you've already paid or for the difference between the price you paid and the new lower prices of higher categories. It never hurts to ask!!!

Paul

If you do notice a price drop after final payment you might not be eligible for the lower price since you're already booked on the cruise. HOWEVER, you might be eligible to switch to a higher category for the price you've already paid or for the difference between the price you paid and the new lower prices of higher categories. It never hurts to ask!!!

Paul

Good point! I never thought of that.

Archived