Majesty of the Seas 01/11/13 First review with photos!

Thanks,, Rosa for the info...I think you made my husband's day....formal night not being too "formal" since our cruise is in July, probably a nice pair of slacks, sports coat and shirt for him.... I'll bring a tie along, just won't tell him, in case there's a need for one. I'll wear a nice summer dress, long or short or some other dressy thing.

If you find a pic of the cabin, fine, if not, don't worry about it. I like the idea of a bit more room... that's why we booked a SOV...in fact, the SOV was only $50 more that a OV..so why not. Oh, did it have a fridge?

Can't wait to read the rest of your review

Amy:

The cabin does have a mini fridge and a safe. Our safe was not working the first day but they fixed it promptly.

I do have a picture of the room but we are standing right in the middle, you barely see anything. If your go to this link www dot cruiselinerooms dot com / view underscore room dot php?r underscore id=82809 you will see good pictures of the room. To me the space was similar to a promenade on Freedom with a bit more space at the end of the bed. It was a very comfortable room.

Hi Rosa...sorry, another question...... regarding the shows. I know that when we were on the Freedom for our seven day trip, they had two shows a night....is this the same on the three night cruise? Also, do you happen to have any copies of the daily compass for the cruise??

Thanks,

Amy

Hi Amy:

Sorry I have not finished this review yet, I have been very busy with work. Yes, I do have the Compass and was planning to post them. There were 2 shows on the second night only. The other 2 nights had only one show, somewhere between both dinner times. I will try to get back to the review by the beginning of next week, when, I hope, life will get back to normal.

Loved reading this. Majesty of the Seas was the first cruise I was ever on. And after, I was hooked!

Majesty was our first cruise and we fell in love with cruising. Now my son takes cruises for his vacations.:D Great pictures! Thanks!

OMG I have been so busy I just realized I never gave you dinner after Coco Cay! My, you must be hungry. :D

This night was formal night. It was also the Captains Welcome Aboard Reception and Speech, starting at 7:45 p.m. We had dinner at 6:30 and did not want to miss the Captains show so we decided to get to dinner right at 6:30.

So…today was formal night at dinner. Generally speaking people were dressed in their Sunday best. We did not see tuxedos or formal gowns. There was a guy on the table across from us that wore a polo every night. I had the Oakwood Smoked Chicken Breast, the Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin and the BBB Crème Brulee. The appetizer must have been ok, I cannot remember either way if it was good or not, so I assume it was ok. The tenderloin was excellent and I love how they make their mashed potatoes, creamy. But the crème brulee was to die for. I don’t usually eat crème brulee but I could have had seconds that night. Delicious.

ry%3D480

Formal night dinner menu

ry%3D480

Oakwood Smoked Chicken Breast

ry%3D480

Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin

Two of my friends had the Bay Scallop Gratin and one had the lobster bisque. They said those were good. The scallops were served in escargot plates, so it was strange when they were served. One of them tried the Roasted Duck and the other had the Shrimp Ravioli. They agreed those were tasty too. For dessert they tried the Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle, which did not impress them. Aries, our waiter, made the mistake to serve it without the sauce and they felt it was not that good without or with the sauce.

ry%3D480

Formal night dessert menu

ry%3D480

Bittersweet chocolate souffle (served without the sauce)

And here is the Creme Brulee...yummm!

ry%3D480

As I said, we were in our Sunday best, but "Formal" attire. Here's a picture with one of my girlfriends having a good laugh.

ry%3D480

I was checking my pictures to see if I had one of the guy on the red polo shirt, no luck.

After dinner we went to Captain Dustin Castelsky's Welcome Aboard Reception. One of my girlfriends, the one in the last picture loved his voice, she kept saying she could just sit and listen to him talk all day. So, to the reception we went.

ry%3D480

Captain Dustin Dustin Castelsky's Welcome Aboard Reception

The Captain's Welcome Reception was a good show. It was followed promptly by the Headliner Show. This evening it was a juggler named Dan Bennet. I was not impressed with his comedy but his juggling was pretty good. A couple of my friends said it would have been as well to watch him quietly do his tricks. As it happened, I slept thru part of the show.

After this show we walked around for a while, checked the sales and returned for the Love and Marriage Show. No matter how many times I cruise this is always a funny show. Our Cruise Director, Mitch Merucci did such a great job and we laughed and laughed. ;)

As usual, a great review....love the pictures...sorry to see the review winding down...it's such a great read.

You said that you have copies of the daily compass....I would love to see them...if you prefer you can e-mail them to me, rather than post...whichever is easier for you....I really appreciate this... my email: amyphilcoop@optonline.net

Thanks again

Amy:)

That evening was also the Caribbean Market Buffet. The buffet was beautiful. They had lots of fruit animal sculptures. And the food looked tasty. I walked around but did not try the food as I was not hungry. I went back to the cabin to sleep but my friends stayed behind for th Dancing Under the Stars Deck Party. This is what people call the Dress in White Party. Is saw some people dressed in white, not many. I did not stay to watch as I was exhausted, but my friends stayed behind. They said it was well worth to watch. Lots of fun.

ry%3D480

Buffet scupture animals

ry%3D480

Sunday, January 13, 2013 Nassau, Bahamas.

I had been looking forward to get to Nassau as I had read there were going to be 4 or 5 ships in port that morning, one of them being the Oasis of the Seas. However, that morning as we walked off the ship I forgot to walk on the pier and look at those ships in port. Even though there were supposed to be something like 12000 on port that day it did not seem any crazier for us. We walked thru Festival Place, which is the building at the pier where you arrive. As we came out I was expecting to have cab drivers and tour operators bombarding us with offers, as I had read here, but the walk was not that bad. Once we excited the building a couple people tried to stop us but we brush them off quickly. There are motorbikes/scooters for rent as you exit the building, but we did not rent any.

We followed the road to the right, following Bay Street until we reached the British Colonial Hilton, where we stopped to look at the hotel, and take pictures at their beach.

ry%3D480

Four cruiseships at port.

From there we walked around, stopping by the Straw Market.

ry%3D480

Stall in the Straw Market.

We were looking for the sun dresses we had seen in CocoCay. But the variety in Nassau was not as pretty, so we did not purchase anything. We walked some more in town and did some shopping, then decided to take the ferry to Atlantis. Note to self, find out when other cruises leave port. We arrived at the ferry sometime after 2 pm and had to sit and wait till the Oasis of the Seas and one of the Carnival ships on port left. We sat there for about 20 minutes.

ry%3D480

There goes the Oasis of the Seas

The ferry ride to Atlantis was very pretty. There was a man who talked about the sights we were seeing during the ferry ride, very enterteining. In Atlantis we just wandered around a bit, walked into the hotel. When ready to leave we hooped on a taxi shuttle back to port. The ride was something like $4 per person. Cannot remember how much we paid for the ferry.

ry%3D480

Atlantis

Back on board Majesty we headed back to the Compass Deli for a late lunch. By now it was around 3:30 and we had not eaten since breakfast. This time I took my camera to take pictures of the crepes, but forgot to take them again.

By now we were all tired, and thinking this was our last night on board. We got ready for dinner. We had filled our envelopes with our tips and were ready to say goodbye to the wonderful staff in the dining room.

Hi, Rosa...I seem to have a problem viewing the daily compass(s) and m ap.

Since the print is very small, when I tried to print them, the text was very hard to read. I know it's a pain to scan them into CC, but maybe sending them via e-mail (mine) I would get a better view. If you can't do that,I'll understand...maybe someone else from that cruise, will have them????

Don't know how else to solve this....

Thanks for anything you can do.

Amy

Archived