Majesty of the Seas 01/11/13 First review with photos!

That evening there was the Caribbean Buffet by the pool with the Dancing under the stars party. I did not eat much this evening either. It was so cold the few warm things I chose were cold as I bit into them. But the party was a lot of fun. The crowd kept joining in and expanding and the energy was thrilling, But it was super windy and cold. I stayed as long as I could and went back inside for some more dancing at Boleros.

ry%3D480

Caribbean Buffet

ry%3D480

Caribbean Buffet

ry%3D480

Dancing under the stars

The following day was SUNNY! It was still cold but at least we had a sunny day. We had our breakfast at the dining room and proceeded to go to Nassau.

ry%3D480

DH and I in from of Majesty of the Seas and the Norwegian Sky

This morning we were headed to the St. Francis Xavier Cathedral, the oldest Roman Catholic Church in the Bahamas. We headed first to the Hilton Hotel, where I had stopped with my friends. From there we went to Junkanoo Beach, and took some pictures. We did not see people bathing at the beach at this time, but there were people walking in their bathing suits. From there we walked to the church.

ry%3D480

Junkanoo Beach

ry%3D480

Lighthouse

ry%3D480

Pretty flowers on the sidewalk

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dc03b3127ccef23811a49d4300000030O00AZtWrdozbtmQPbz4G/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00206734755320130222123335628.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Giant hibiscus flower sculpture

ry%3D480

Stained Glass window in St. Francis Xavier Church

After Mass we walked back to Bay Street to do some shopping. This time we did not stop at the Straw Market as I was not very impressed with it last time. Checked the bamboo bed sheets the cruise sales person had talked so much about. They are supper soft but very expensive.

ry%3D480

Walking on Bay Street

ry%3D480

Walking across from Festival Place

ry%3D480

Athena Cafe

Then we went to Athena Café to try the conch fritters. This is a very quaint place, on top of a store. We were not very impressed by it. Our food took forever to arrive and in the end they ran out of conch fritters so DH and BIL could not try them. Oh well, we left and headed back on board. As we arrive Festival Place (that first building you go thru when you arrive or leave the island) DH said to wait a minute, and two minutes later he arrive with…CONCH FRITTERS!

ry%3D480

DH enjoying his conch fritters

We laugh so hard when we realized there was no need to go looking as hard as they were there all along. He said they were very good.

Dinner tonight was Pimiento. As I said before, this is my least favorite menu. I tried this time the Arancini and the Caprese Salad while DH tried the minestrone. These were good. The Arancini I remember it as been more flavorful last time.

ry%3D480

Arancini

ry%3D480

Caprese Salad

ry%3D480

Minestrone

For entrée I tried the Aged Hand Cut Manhattan Strip Steak. Though it was good, it was not as tender as the Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin I had during the cruise in January. DH ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana, which arrived by itself, without pasta. He then asked for the Linguini Pomodoro to accompany the eggplant. The waiter did not serve it till he was almost done eating, thinking he wanted it as a second entrée. BIL and SIL had the Garlic Tiger Shrimp and both said it was excellent.

ry%3D480

Aged Hand Cut Manhattan Strip Steak

ry%3D480

Eggplant Parmigiana

ry%3D480

Garlic Tiger Shrimp

For desert I had the Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding. It was delicious. DH had the Tiramisu. He said it was good, though not what he expected as a tiramisu. BIL had the Lowfat Lemon Yogurt Cake and SIL had the BBB Crème Brulee. He said his cake was the tipical low fat cake, she loved the crème brulee.

ry%3D480

Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding

ry%3D480

Tiramisu

ry%3D480

Lowfat Lemon Yogurt Cake

ry%3D480

BBB Crème Brulee

After dinner this was our busiest night. First we went to the Farewell Production Show, Boogie Wonderland. This show is awesome and we really enjoyed. The dancers have so much energy. By the 2nd night on this trip we realized that even arriving close to starting time we could find really good seats on the sides of the theater, so we started doing that for every show.

ry%3D480

Boogie Wonderland

Right after the show we headed to Boleros for more dancing. At 10:30 p.m. started the Battle of the Sexes. It was the first time I ever joined one of these games and thought it was so much fun. I felt sorry for the one woman I stepped on a couple times. If you read this, I am very sorry.

ry%3D480

Battle of the Sexes.

After that we ran to the Chorus Line Theater to see the late night comedy hour, with David Orion again. Boy, this guy is hilarious. As I said, he is great with audience participation. He has a joke where he gets everybody up for a standing ovation, and that’s telling a joke not in English. It is so funny.

ry%3D480

David Orion

Once this show was over we headed back to the Spectrum for the infamous Quest, which I had missed last time. We were in stitches laughing during the show. But sorry, no pictures for this show.

After Quest I took one last walk around the ship, taking pictures of areas that were empty. It was sort of my way to say goodbye to Majesty.

ry%3D480

Pool

ry%3D480

Crown Lounge

We had decided to carry out our luggage so at 2:00 am or so, when we arrived in our cabins, we finished packing and headed to bed. As I felt asleep that night I could fell the soft movement of the ship. Wonderful way to fall asleep.

We were up and heading to the dining room for breakfast at 7:30. Never put luggage tags on our suitcases, and got in line before 8:00 with all the many people that were doing self-debarkation. It did take a little bit to get thru the line, but it was not that bad. Once outside we headed for the lines for the taxis. There is a set rate of $24 to the Miami airport, so we rode together in one cab. Were at the airport early for our 1:15 flight.

All in all it was a wonderful trip. I wish I could have spent the day at Coco Cay with DH, but that was not a biggie. It was a very different cruise because we did more things on board, because we had to figure out how to deal with rain on a cruise ( a first for us) . But it was a wonderful experience. I hope I can cruise once more on Majesty before she is gone.

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your review Rosa. I have sailed on Majesty once and I must say, I have a great fondness for her. I plan to sail on her again if I can.

Your review and pictures were just marvelous. Too bad it rained, but we can't control Mother Nature. You made the best of it anyway and had a terrific time.

Thank you again!!

Joyce :D

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your review Rosa. I have sailed on Majesty once and I must say, I have a great fondness for her. I plan to sail on her again if I can.

Your review and pictures were just marvelous. Too bad it rained, but we can't control Mother Nature. You made the best of it anyway and had a terrific time.

Thank you again!!

Joyce :D

Thank you Joyce. I did not realize how much time it takes to set up a review and that's why it took so long. But I enjoyed doing it. We had a wonderful time both cruises and I would not hesitate to go again to Coco Cay. As you say, we cannot control Mother Nature, but we can enjoy what she gives us and Coco Cay is one of those gifts.

As I re-read the review last night I realized I never posted a picture of a beautiful sunset I wanted to share with all. Sunsets at sea are one of the beautiful things we get from cruising. Enjoy!

ry%3D480

Oh, Rosa...another great review. Your two cruises on the MOS really gave me some excellent tips on what to expect.

I noticed that you gave names to the dinners (Saffron and Pimiento)...I'm not familiar with this. Do they have names for all the dinners? The last time, we cruised, on the Freedom, I don't remember seeing names of the dinners, on the menus. Of course, it could have been there and I just didn't notice.

Speaking of food, we love, love, love conch fritters...first tried them when we were at the Atlantis, several years ago, and fell in love with them. Nice to know we can get them without too much trouble.

Also, great to know about the church in Nassau. Being Catholics it'll be nice to go to Mass while we're there.

All in all...great reading. Thanks so much for your take on the MOS. I know you're sending me copies of the compass(s) and I thank you for that.

Have a great weekend.

Amy

Oh, Rosa...another great review. Your two cruises on the MOS really gave me some excellent tips on what to expect.

I noticed that you gave names to the dinners (Saffron and Pimiento)...I'm not familiar with this. Do they have names for all the dinners? The last time, we cruised, on the Freedom, I don't remember seeing names of the dinners, on the menus. Of course, it could have been there and I just didn't notice.

Speaking of food, we love, love, love conch fritters...first tried them when we were at the Atlantis, several years ago, and fell in love with them. Nice to know we can get them without too much trouble.

Also, great to know about the church in Nassau. Being Catholics it'll be nice to go to Mass while we're there.

All in all...great reading. Thanks so much for your take on the MOS. I know you're sending me copies of the compass(s) and I thank you for that.

Have a great weekend.

Amy

Hi Amy:

Yes, the three menus have a name which I forgot to mention before. The first night is Pomodoro.

The church is no more than 20 minute leisurely walk from port. We walked a lot more because we left too early, probably around 9:30 am for an 11 am mass, but it is a pretty walk, specially if you have a sunny day. The walk to Junkanoo beach is about 15-20 minutes too, and its worth checking it out.

I will be sending the compass this week. Will email you when I do.

Have a great weekend

Your review of Majesty is wonderful! This is one of my DH's and my favorite ships. We love the staff, they always go above and beyond in their service.

Thanks for posting this, it brought back great memories and makes us want to book her again. :D

Rosa I LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do them.

Your review of Majesty is wonderful! This is one of my DH's and my favorite ships. We love the staff, they always go above and beyond in their service.

Thanks for posting this, it brought back great memories and makes us want to book her again.

Thank you Danyelle and Naha. It has been fun to write about those cruises. I am hoping to cruise on her before she is sold next year.

Hi, thanks for your review-MJ is my favorite ship!

I wasn't able to read it from your Compass, but would you mind checking to see the name of the Caribbean band for me? I would really appreciate it.

LuckiStac13*Majesty*

The Caribbean band on both cruises was Resident DJ James and the Wave Band.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great review Rosa!

Thanks for all the photos of the food. I had no idea what Arancini was (saw it on the menu while sailing Freedom) and looking forward to trying the fried rice balls on the Majesty in a few months.

-Robbie

Archived