Tips for killing time waiting for flight from POM to FLl

The4scotts

We are not flying out untilprobably 9pm from FLL and wondering if anyone has any tips for killing time and transportation suggestions from port of miami for a family of 6.

My husband and I recently did same cruise (3day NCL Sky 3day) and used SAS transportation which was great but could only take us to the airport from the port so we spent the day bored to death at the airport.

We are taking the family this time (6 adults and 1 toddler) and trying to figure out the cheapest and easiest way to do one extra sight seeing.

We rented a minivan for the day, it was easy and relatively cheap. One of us (the one who drew the short straw) got off the ship early and went to the airport to get the car, then came back for the rest of us. We had five adults, a wheelchair, a scooter, and luggage for an 11-day cruise and it all fit. Assuming you have much less luggage for a shorter cruise, you can probably make it work.

There are no tours that will "kill time" until 9pm. Get a hotel room for the day, so you'll have tv, bathroom, shower, pool, etc...and someplace to store you bags and someplace "to be"....you will be off the ship before 10am...that's a LONG time to kill!

Compare the price of a hotel room to getting earlier flights...choose the cheaper option.

There are no tours that will "kill time" until 9pm. Get a hotel room for the day, so you'll have tv, bathroom, shower, pool, etc...and someplace to store you bags and someplace "to be"....you will be off the ship before 10am...that's a LONG time to kill!

Compare the price of a hotel room to getting earlier flights...choose the cheaper option.

Not a bad idea. We have also rented a car and enjoyed the sites and pleasures of town. We once we went to a movie. Sally and I usually try to delay the flight long enough to at least get a nice lunch on the beach. In your case I would get a van or even the bus to the airport to drop your luggage off. Then grab a rental or take a taxi to the beach area. Airport is very close. I think you have time for an airboat tour.

Burt

We did the post-cruise tour of the Everglades, and it was one of our favorite excursions of all-time. It dropped us off at the airport at about 2pm, so it only kills off part of the time for you, but we also had a late flight and just hung out in the airport for the remainder of the time, reading, napping, texting, etc.

Archived