Cheers program & open bar cocktail party

CanWeGoYet?

Has anyone here organized an open bar cocktail party since the Cheers program started? Just curious how it would work since normally you have to pay to attend, but those who buy the Cheers program I would hope would have that cocktail party fee waived.

You have to have a certain number of attendees to have these private cocktail parties so that is why Carnival doesn't try to track who is attending that has paid for the Cheers program and who hasn't. They have to pull staff to bartend, serve and clean up after these events, so they go strictly by the number of attendees that you reserve the party for.

We have a cocktail party being set up by a member of our roll call. He called Carnival and yes, you still have to pay even with the program. However, that doesn't seem to bother anyone on our roll call! Open bar is still worth the money, over and above the cheers program if you ask me!

~Steven

I'm sailing this weekend and will probably purchase the Cheers program.

I've also signed up for an Open Bar Party. I have no problem with having paid for the OBP as the person who did it worked to organize it, there will be staff that has to be compensated, and it still sounds like fun.

However, these may be used less often in the future...I don't know?

We have a cocktail party being set up by a member of our roll call. He called Carnival and yes, you still have to pay even with the program. However, that doesn't seem to bother anyone on our roll call! Open bar is still worth the money, over and above the cheers program if you ask me!

~Steven

ok.. if you have the cheers program there is a limit of 15 a day.. so if you pay to go to the open bar cocktail party does the beverages you drink count toward your 15???

ok.. if you have the cheers program there is a limit of 15 a day.. so if you pay to go to the open bar cocktail party does the beverages you drink count toward your 15???

Don't believe so - I think the reason it doesn't count is they don't want to keep track.

Don't believe so - I think the reason it doesn't count is they don't want to keep track.

that is awesome..:D We are going to be on the Conquest in Nov and I have not signed up for the formal meet n greet because I was unsure how the cheers program would work with this... if it don't count towards the 15 I paid for then I will sign up for the cocktail party.. thanks for the info :D

If you have the Cheers program and you pay for the cocktail party...NO...your drinks at the cocktail party does not count towards the 15 daily limit on the Cheers program. They do not keep track of what you drink at the cocktail party...they just pass out drinks.

If you have the Cheers program and you pay for the cocktail party...NO...your drinks at the cocktail party does not count towards the 15 daily limit on the Cheers program. They do not keep track of what you drink at the cocktail party...they just pass out drinks.

love it... :D sign me up anytime they are passing out drinks LOL thanks for the info :D

Archived