what time do I have to leave ship?

Pennipops

When I come home from Hawaii the ship docks at 7am. Princess are keen to promote their own transfers to the airport I guess to get us all off the ship pronto. Its cheaper for me to book my own transfer, what time am I requested to leave the boat by? Thanks.

You'll receive a debarkation schedule showing the time you will getting off the ship. I'd recommend you call the company providing your transfer early that morning to let them know your time.

Lew

Princess (and all other lines) are anxious to get the debarking passengers off so they can get the ship ready for the next passengers. Usually, you will be asked to be out of your cabin by 8am and everyone will be off the ship by 9:30 or 10am

You'll probably be off by 9:30am. Usually, the last passengers disembark between 9:30-9:45am. This allows the crew time to prepare for the next passengers. You will need to be out of your cabin by 8:00am so after that, you'll just be hanging out in a lounge anyway. Princess has all cabins ready for passengers when they embark at about Noon, which is great but the downside is that in order to do that, you need to be out of your cabin.

Here is a copy of an actual disembarkation schedule. This is for the Coral Princess arriving in FLL (As you can tell). I am sure other ships have a similar plan.

Thanks for posting that. I had relatives set to pick us up after our upcoming cruise at 10:00am in FLL. Sounds like I should tell them to show up between 9-9:30 instead...

Thanks for posting that. I had relatives set to pick us up after our upcoming cruise at 10:00am in FLL. Sounds like I should tell them to show up between 9-9:30 instead...

Maybe, just remember when you walk off the ship you will go into a big room with a lot of luggage. After you find yours you will have to stand in line togo through customs. That can take 15 minutes, although it can take longer. I don't think we were in line for more than 1/2 an hour, though. So, plan accordingly.

Archived