lunch in moderno

karen327

How is the food at dinner? Is it worth the extra charge, or should we just do an extra night at Cagneys?

DH and I enjoyed Moderno immensely, and are anxiously awaiting our next sail date so we can enjoy it again! Here's a tip - go the first night (before you've gotten too far into I'm-on-a-cruise-eating-everything-in-sight-mode), and go VERY hungry, because there is sooooooo much food that you will want to try, and if you're not excessively hungry you will somewhat defeat the purpose of that meal. Try not to load your plate at the salad bar, either... but that might be difficult, because there are a lot of yummy offerings there. ;)

JMHO/ymmv :)

How is the food at dinner? Is it worth the extra charge, or should we just do an extra night at Cagneys?

We did Moderno on the Gem and loved it! It was sooo good! It's almost like a lot of people don't know about it. The salad bar was amazing and the meats so good. I wish we could've done it again. We can't wait until May when we can eat there again!

I've heard a lot about this incredible salad bar... any details? What types of things were on it? I'm sailing on the Dawn in March, and I really hope they open the Moderno for lunch on there too... it's a great idea, and since we are pescetarians, we won't chose to eat at Moderno for dinner, but the salad bar lunch sounds like it would be a great option.

Am I correct that the dinner only features meat, not seafood?

Moderno at lunch on some ships is not the same as Moderno (the cover charge restaurant). The SPACE is used on SOME ships to provide pasta and pizza. Maybe soups. It is not the same thing so don't confuse the two.

Think of lunch in Moderno as additional seating for the garden cafe. It is usually some additional selections, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, cookies or items available in the buffet. The idea of setting out some food there is to utilize the extra space which is often completely empty until Moderno dinner service.

I'm booking Moderno now for the first night. Good advise. Thanks.

While the frozen, smaller lobster served in MDR is not said to be great by those expecting to get fresh Maine lobster, the lobster night is normally the embarkation night so you'd want to take that into account if that is something that you'd like to eat. :)

But I do agree with that Moderno is best experienced hungry - I was on the Star last April and the construction work of Moderno was finished and the restaurant opened during our cruise and that was the first time I ate in this kind of restaurant and loved it. I do understand that the land-based ones are probably even better but I'm still really looking forward to eating in Moderno in about two weeks. :)

Archived