Query about Owners Suites

Caroldoll

If you are inquiring about the OS on the R ships (smaller vessels), we've done three sailings on them. One on deck 7 and two on deck 6. We're also booked on a deck 6 OS for Alaska this year. That said, deck 6 is a bit more noisy than deck 7. After a few days, you would not notice much difference. Deck 6 has a bigger veranda, but I doubt that you would notice the difference from deck 7. The suites are big and wonderful. If we can't get, DW says "forget about it"!

What is the best owners suite, if any of you have tried one?

I give you my word of honor, Carol, that ALL of the Owners Suites are so glorious -and so absolutely identical in every way-, down to the little jar of safety pins on the Master Bathroom vanity, that if I spun you around three times with your eyes closed, you would never be able to tell one from the other.

Riviera-OS-7260.JPG

oceaniarivieraownerssuite.jpg

oceania_oclass-owners-suite-balcony-b.jpg Some people like to be higher in the ship for the views, others want lower decks for more perceived stability. Whatever you prefer, there is no wrong choice with these Suites. They are all just gorgeous...

AT_Blog081312_9.JPG

The most popular OS on the small ships are 7119 and 7114 which are between two passenger decks..on deck 6 you do feel some vibration and on deck 8 you do hear some noise from above..they are all wonderful but if you have a choice take deck 7...

Jancruz1

I have the one on the 10th deck on the Riviera for 2 cruises and one on the 9th deck for one cruise. Now my motor is running at fast forward for the next three I want to book, hoping I am lucky enough to get my call in fast on the 13th.

Jim and Stan - your photos are better than the virtual tour on the Oceania site. I am sure we will love it. "Spinning me around" won't be hard, I am very, very short! LOL

Agree with others - have been on deck 6 and 7 OS on R ships - much prefer deck 7. I think that OS on Marina and Riviera are a bit "over the top", will opt for O or Vista suites when we try the newer ships.

We have tried the smaller ships, but the shower over the tub is just too small and too dangerous (in my opinion). I think we have to throw ourselves at the mercy of Marina or Riviera.

Caroldoll you are going to fall in LOVE..any of the 3 OS are amazing..I will keep my fingers crossed you get the staterooms you want on the new itins..

Jancruz1

I give you my word of honor, Carol, that ALL of the Owners Suites are so glorious -and so absolutely identical in every way-, down to the little jar of safety pins on the Master Bathroom vanity, that if I spun you around three times with your eyes closed, you would never be able to tell one from the other.

Sorry, have to disagree with this one. We were in 10111 on the Marina for the Rendezvous to Rio Transatlantic crossing, and that OS suite is VERY different in size than the one you've pictured (which cabin #/ship is this, btw?). The entrance/bar area, at least, looks quite different. There was not enough space for a baby grand: we had an upright against the wall leading to the bedroom. Instead of a long bench in the window space and 2 armchairs, we only had space for the 2 chairs and a small table. Also, our bar was to the aft side of the doorway pictured, so that it was very difficult to remove glasses from the cabinet. A very cramped and awkward space, especially when hosting a group of people.

I'm not sure if it was our location on Deck 10, but every time the ship docked, the vibration was so bad (from the side thrusters, we've been told) that we would have to run out to the bar to place everything on the floor so that the bottles/glasses wouldn't vibrate right off the bar.

Archived