5 nt cruises

dave_k63

We are only going to have time for a 5 nt cruise this spring - is it worth it or should we just wait till summer and take a 7? We're thinking of either NOLA on the elation of Galveston on Triumph. Which do you recommend? I know Elation doesn't have balconies. Thanx

We've sailed both, Triumph last year but Elation back in 2002 and 2005. the itineraries are identical, Cozumel and Progreso. If you want a balcony cabin your choice is going to be Triumph. If you want an OV the standard Triumph OV's on decks 1 and two are larger than Elation's. If you are booking an inside that cabins are the same.

I would probably decide between these two ships based on cost and distance from port. If it was a toss-up I'd probably pick Elation from NOLA. I like sailing down and up the river.

Definitely the Triumph! She is my 2nd favorite ship, after the Dream. Plus, sailings out of Galveston are always so much fun. I may lose my Sooner-card for saying this, but Texans are great to cruise with. I did enjoy my Elation cruise (out of Galveston). I do prefer sailing out of Galveston over NOLA: cheaper parking & hotels, shorter food lines on the ship, fewer chair hogs (in my experiences), more family friendly. Triumph has a much better waterslide, plus extra pools & hot tubs. Plus, Triumph's shows in the theater are probably the best of any of Carnival's short cruises, perhaps the best of all their ships.

Been on both ships, though haven't yet done a 5 day on them.

The shorter cruises, to me, are all in the mind. When I board the ship knowing it's a 4 day or 5 day cruise, when it's over it always seems like it was the perfect length for that time. But ask me on day 4 of a 7 day cruise if I'm ready to go home - definitely no way!

Personally I would prefer the Triumph to the Elation, but would go on either again. Choose by price and distance from the port, you can't go wrong with either - it's a cruise! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are only going to have time for a 5 nt cruise this spring - is it worth it or should we just wait till summer and take a 7? We're thinking of either NOLA on the elation of Galveston on Triumph. Which do you recommend? I know Elation doesn't have balconies. Thanx

The majority of our cruises were 5 nights because that is what fit into our schedule the best. While I would love to have longer cruises, if the 5 night is what works I'll take that over nothing. Since I haven't sailed out of NOLA or Galveston I can't help you there. We did love the Elation when we sailed but we have never been on the Triumph.

Archived