Give me Kummelweck or give me ?

Never had the roast beef sandwich, so can't weigh in on that yet... but my husband and I really get a kick out of the vat of bacon in the Windjammer at breakfast. Unfortunately it's not the crispiest or the best, but we do love watching the young boys who pile their plate full of the stuff!

Ann

Kümmelweck is pretty darn good! We did often eat in the Park Cafe instead of Windjammer for lunch on Allure.

Something I thought to mention - the fruit! I always find the cruise ship has the nicest and freshest assortment of freshly cut fruit. Especially a nice treat if you travel from the north east in winter when all out fruit here shipped in is just meh.

What is on the Tutti salad bar?

almost a dozen different kinds of greens and lettuces.

sliced tomato, diced tomato and tiny cherry tomato

several varieties of bell peppers and a couple of hot peppers

Cauliflower, broccoli, grilled asparagus, several species of mushrooms, sprouts, seeds, at least two types of beans, usually dark red kidney and garbanzo, onions, scallions, beets, radishes, green and black olives, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, anchovies, smoked salmon, cooked shrimp, prosciutto ham, cheeses, about 10 different salad dressings, carrots, celery, grilled zucchini, grilled eggplant, cheeses including grated cheeses, blue cheese and brie, and probably a lot I've forgotten to mention.

It's like no salad bar you've experienced on land. There is also a slice of crusty baguette at the end if you want it.

My mouth is watering. I can hardly wait until Monday to get mine.

Archived