help with priceline/miami

baby

I am confused

I read somewhere that priceline only has 4 star hotels

i was on priceline tonight trying to get the intercontinetal hotel in downtown miami and there was a category with 5 stars

so does this mean the intercontinental and not the four star that I thought was the intercontinental

thanks carol

This is only my opinion, but I prefer Hotiwre, as you can be fairly confident of the hotel you're getting. I'm picky and don't want to end up with a hotel I'm not happy with. I also think betterbidding is an important tool when using Priceline and Hotwire!

Or use lastminutetravel .com Agreed that PL is much more iffy. But you usually will get the best price there. But as stated earlier learn the bidding ropes on betterbidding.com as well as study the hotel lists and locations. A 4 or 5 star hotel in a not so great location, isn't a value if you need cabs to get around.:rolleyes: And if you have more than 2 in a room, then definitly steer clear of PL.

thanks everyone

i really wanted to stay at the intercontinetal so i ended up using lastminutetravel

they were great - i called instead of doing the resevation on line and I got the reservtion for nov 2013

you can cancel 4 days out if necessary also

thanks for your help

was worth paying alittle more to get exactly what you want

another questison - when we were in MIami a couple of years ago we went to a wonderful italian restaurant near the brickle village it was on a corner and had lots of greenery outside

anyone know the name of it - we had to take a cab there from the intercontinental

thanks carol

I am also a fan of Last Minute Travel. Put in Miami. Pops up 5 star with 1072 Trip Advisor reviews is the Ic for $140 per night for my date. I didn't get the IC downtown b/c when I booked nonrefundable the IC wasn't available due to U of Miami grad. date. Found LMT too late and am staying at the Holiday INN, Bayside, for 1 night precruise. Nothing is perfect, but get the IC if you can - amazing hotel.

Archived