Drink Packages available on line!!

amster65

Cruising on Indy, just checked & can by the premium package online except it say see the alcohol expo on board - any idea what that means? just wondering if there is a benefit to buying it before hand other than paying for it & not having it charged to you sea pass on board? doesn't sound like they put your sticker on when they issue your see pass card then?

Just went to our online reservation at Royal Caribbean's Web site and booked the Premium alcohol package for me and my wife. Our only concern is the vague description of the house wines by the glass. We'll be sailing next month on AOS and report back as to our success (or failure) with the aforementioned package. One would think RCCL would not want to alienate anyone who is willing to purchase the Premium package with an undrinkable wine by the glass. We shall see.

Did you have to purchase the package and pay now or did you just pre-order it and the cost will come out of your seapass? The website is a little confusing.

Did you have to purchase the package and pay now or did you just pre-order it and the cost will come out of your seapass? The website is a little confusing.

Anything you purchase on the website is immediately charged to your credit card.

Not a lot IMHO but still don't intend to purchase it because it only offers house wine.

Honestly, I think they are doing this on purpose, so that the sales of the wine package do not go down as much. If people buy the classic or premium package, but prefer better choices of wine will either buy wine by the bottle or buy one of the wine packages for dinner, the stateroom or etc. as well. More $$$ revenue.

The house wines are just gross! A total buzz kill to the package.

This is the whole reason the alcohol package will not work for us if both persons over 21 are required to purchase the package per stateroom. One of us likes beer and mixed drinks and me ocassionally, but I prefer wine mostly, but not the RCI house wine.

We would need to drink way more than we ever do to make this package worth it financially. You need to drink 8 drinks a day to break even. That's alot IMO.

This really depends on what types of drinks the person drinks. I've ordered drinks that are $9-11. Nothing over the top, but a choice just more costly than other drinks. Spaced out thoughout the whole day, is not a lot.

Although, not a choice on the package. I ordered a glass of wine on the last cruise that was $20.00 a glass (not a big glass mind you). Luckily, I had a buy one get one free coupon.

Honestly, I think they are doing this on purpose, so that the sales of the wine package do not go down as much. If people buy the classic or premium package, but prefer better choices of wine will either buy wine by the bottle or buy one of the wine packages for dinner, the stateroom or etc. as well. More $$$ revenue.

The house wines are just gross! A total buzz kill to the package.

This is the whole reason the alcohol package will not work for us if both persons over 21 are required to purchase the package per stateroom. One of us likes beer and mixed drinks and me ocassionally, but I prefer wine mostly, but not the RCI house wine.

You could have written that post for my wife and me :). I like beer and mixed and would get value from the package. My wife only drinks three or four glasses of wine per day. If the choice of wine was good the package would still probably work out, but from what Im hearing the RCI house wines not the best.

Archived