ITINERARY CHALLENGE 2013: Round Four

Which TWO itineraries are your favourite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which TWO itineraries are your favourite?

• AZOREAN ENHANCEMENTS
    • BALTIC CAPITALS
    • CUBAN ADVENTURE
    • JEWELS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
    • OTTOMAN TREASURES

ic-four.png

2220689102_612f4ec7c6_b.jpg

Santana, Madeira | © fxp

Posting this one early again. This is the last of the rounds before the semi-finals, thus the last time choosing two of five new itineraries.

This week's starts with a brand new itinerary for this year onboard Thomson Spirit, taking in the best that the Azores and the Canary Islands has to offer. Then we head back to 2006 for a Baltic itinerary onboard Thomson Celebration, calling at ports including Stockholm, Helsinki and an overnight in St Petersburg. Next it is onto the Caribbean for a 14 night special on Thomson Dream, including stops in Antigua, St Lucia and an overnight stop in Cuba. An itinerary closer to home is next, a 7 night Western Mediterranean onboard The Topaz back in 2002, calling at Villefranche, Rome and Sardinia. Finally, the last new itinerary of this series of Itinerary Challenges is from 2010 onboard Thomson Celebration, entitled Ottoman Treasures. It includes stops at Canakkale for Gallipoli, Istanbul and the beautiful island of Santorini.

REMEMBER, you are choosing your TWO favourite itineraries!

AZOREAN ENHANCEMENTS

Canary Islands, Azores & Morocco | November 2013 | 7 nights | Thomson Spirit

Santa Cruz, Tenerife - Santa Cruz de la Palma, La Palma - Ship at Sea - Ponta Delgada, Portugal - Praia Da Vitoria, Portugal - Ship at Sea - Funchal, Madeira - Santa Cruz, Tenerife

BALTIC CAPITALS

Scandinavia, the Baltic & UK | June & July 2006 | 14 nights | Thomson Celebration

Newcastle, UK - Ship at Sea - Copenhagen, Denmark - Ship at Sea - Stockholm, Sweden - Helsinki, Finland - St Petersburg, Russia (overnight) - Tallinn, Estonia - Visby, Sweden - Ship at Sea - Gothenburg, Sweden - Oslo, Norway - Ship at Sea - Newcastle, UK

CUBAN ADVENTURE

Caribbean | January to March 2011 | 14 nights | Thomson Dream

Montego Bay, Jamaica - Georgetown, Grand Cayman - Ship at Sea - Roatan, Honduras - Costa Maya, Mexico - Cozumel, Mexico - Havana, Cuba (3 days) - Ship at Sea - Samana, Dominican Republic - Road Town, British Virgin Islands - St John’s, Antigua - Castries, St Lucia - Bridgetown, Barbados

JEWELS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN

Western Mediterranean | May to September 2002 | 7 nights | The Topaz

Palma, Mallorca - Ship at Sea - Villefranche, France - Livorno (for Florence & Pisa), Italy - Civitavecchia (for Rome), Italy - Porto Torres, Sardinia - Barcelona, Spain - Palma, Mallorca

OTTOMAN TREASURES

Eastern Mediterranean | June to August 2010 | 7 nights | Thomson Celebration

Marmaris, Turkey - Ship at Sea - Istanbul, Turkey - Canakkale, Turkey - Kusadasi, Turkey - Thira, Santorini - Rhodes Town, Rhodes - Marmaris, Turkey

Voting will close on Friday, 01 February. :)

Gone for Ottoman Treasures, as even though I'm not as keen on Turkey, Ephesus and Istanbul are brilliant. So is the chance to go to Gallipoli. Plus, throw in Santorini and I think it is a wonderful itinerary.

Second I went for Azorean Enhancements. I think offering something else from the Canary Islands is good, and the Azores look really beautiful.

Cuban Adventure for me - we actually did this one and it was brilliant. Havana is something else and Roatan one of the most atmospheric and beautiful places we've been to (in an unspoilt, natural way). The Bahama Mamas on the gorgeous beach in Monetgo Bay were the best ever! Also includes some of the best of the other Caribbean islands too imo.

Very tempted by the Baltics but went for the Ottoman treasures - Istanbul Rhodes and Santorini are such big hitters!

Cuban Adventure for me - we actually did this one and it was brilliant. Havana is something else and Roatan one of the most atmospheric and beautiful places we've been to (in an unspoilt, natural way). The Bahama Mamas on the gorgeous beach in Monetgo Bay were the best ever! Also includes some of the best of the other Caribbean islands too imo.

Very tempted by the Baltics but went for the Ottoman treasures - Istanbul Rhodes and Santorini are such big hitters!

Snap :cool:

Voted for the Azores as we docked at Ponta Delgada last year, did the Island tour and would love to go back and see another island. Also Baltic as that is very good too.

Sorry to say I did not like Havana much - I did not like all the poor horses with carriages waiting by the ship. They did not look very healthy at all. I just found it very scruffy and tatty and someone on our ship was robbed and pushed over, which resulted in them breaking their hip.

Archived