B2B & Platinum

skyeman27

Not to my knowledge. Your boarding documents would say Platinum or VIP? You may not even board the second leg as Platinum as it takes them time to update your cruise history. This is easily fixed and Platinum cards reissued if necessary.

I'd be more concerned with the check-in of the 10th cruise.

Actually this was the case on our B2B cruise last June, first leg was 9 second was number 10. I printed out both boarding passes. showed the info to a worker at the at the start of the line and they radioed a supervisor and they approived us for VIP. The offical just made a note on our paperwork and signed it. It was great. Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise! Teri

This just happened with me last month on the Ecstasy and Sensation.

On December 3rd we boarded the Carnival Ecstasy which was my 9th cruise......as soon as I checked in for the Ecstasy I had to call Carnival and speak to an employee in the Guest Relations Department. I explained to them that they needed to update my past guest history to show the Ecstasy cruise so that when I checked in for the Sensation cruise I would have VIP boarding.

On December 9th we boarded the Carnival Sensation which was our 10th cruise....we had priority boarding. However when they handed me my sail and sign card it was a blue card meaning first time cruiser :eek: When I got onboard I had to take it to guest services to get my Platinum card.

We were on the Fascination for our 9th and 10th cruise and was not Platinum on the 9th and had to go to guest services to get the 10th cruise straightened out. They did not give platinum card or anything. Finally got it straightened after talking to a supervisor and showing him all the documentation.

Looks like it is a hit or miss since some have and some haven't gotten it on 9th cruise. And then like us...10th was after having to push and show paperwork.

One thing I will add. I had to call Carnival a few months back to have our airport transfers removed since we were going in to NOLA early and at that time the rep did something in their system that linked the 2 cruises. That may have been why everything flowed together so well.

If you are doing a b2b this year and it is your 9 and 10 Carnival cruise, will you have platinum status on the first part of the b2b (9 cruise) ???

Our Feb. 24 cruise is number 9 and our Mar. 2 Cruise is number 10. I phoned Carnival and made sure they marked it down that these two cruises are B2B. Yes they are giving us platinum status on the feb. 24 number 9 cruise out docs say priority on them.

One thing I will add. I had to call Carnival a few months back to have our airport transfers removed since we were going in to NOLA early and at that time the rep did something in their system that linked the 2 cruises. That may have been why everything flowed together so well.

That might be the key. Phoning Carnival and having it marked that they are B2B since it worked for you and me. I know before I called they were not marked with priority on them and then after I called and had them do this docs showed us as priority.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are doing a b2b this year and it is your 9 and 10 Carnival cruise, will you have platinum status on the first part of the b2b (9 cruise) ???

A friend we were traveling with in January was in the same position. We were doing B2B on the same ship so there was only 'boarding' for the first leg. They pulled her and her cabin mate out of line with us and put them in the VIP line. So she was platinum for both legs.

My guess as to the thought process was, 'if you showed up for the first leg, you're gonna be here for the second'.

I thought it was pretty cool of them to do that.

Archived