Beer tasting

MsJ

We did the one on the POA. Everyone seemed very underwhelmed by the whole thing. 5 small warm beers. (Beer is supposed to be cold...sigh)

The bartender said we could swap out what we didn't like, but when it was over he changed his mind.

I wouldn't do it again.

Edited by Freehike

Next month will be my first NCL cruise on Epic. The beer list is not very exciting to say the least. Do they have anything special in Maltings? Based on what I can find on the web, it is advertised as a beer and whiskey bar.

I did the beer tasting on the Jewel PC from LA to Houston Sept/Oct 2014. Kumar does a good job with it and makes it fun. Yea, the beers were pretty uninspiring, but it was Kumar and the other people participating in the event that made it fun. Some beer trivia with prizes like Stella Chalices. We had a beer from Italy, one from China, Red stripe, Pilsner Urquell, and one of the Alaskans. At the end of the event, we all got a full bottle of one of the Alaskan beers as well. It was the standard $15 plus gratuity. The tap unit in Maltings were broken. They have to have someone from shore come to service it, so the only drafts were in O'Sheehan's. I think they had Stella, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Amstel light on tap.

Oh, the humanity!!!!!!

Well, at least it shows the BL Lime! :eek:

On a positive note: It's a nice countertop, doncha think?

I love BL lime - haven't seen it on any beer lists though - are they still selling that? My other likes are the corona and blue moon so I would be satisfied with those too.