Princess out of New Orleans?

cod

Our local news last night said that New Orleans plans to open another terminal sometime next year and that Princess has committed to putting a ship there. Does anyone have more info...when or what ship?

We've cruised on Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Celebrity but never Princess. Since NO is just an hour away, we may finally get the chance!

Our local news last night said that New Orleans plans to open another terminal sometime next year and that Princess has committed to putting a ship there. Does anyone have more info...when or what ship?

We've cruised on Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Celebrity but never Princess. Since NO is just an hour away, we may finally get the chance!

:) :) Old shed will be reborn as cruise ship terminal

Port's tight budget forces renovation decision

Friday, June 03, 2005

What do you get when you cross a coat of paint, new floor tiles and an air-conditioning system with a World War II-era cargo shed? If you're the Port of New Orleans, you get a brand new terminal capable of hosting what could be the latest cruise line to begin sailing out of the city.

Or at least that's the bet the port made Thursday when it announced plans to spend $6 million remodeling a storage warehouse at Poland Avenue into the city's third cruise terminal. The port has already committed the terminal, for at least a month, to Princess Cruises for its ship the Golden Princess.

Here is the link in case anyone wants to read the whole article:

http://www.nola.com/business/t-p/index.ssf?/base/money-0/1117778200202030.xml

Pretty interesting stuff. The wifey and I always wanted to check out NOLA so we wrapped a trip there around a cruise on the NCL Sun this November. We might have waited another year if we could have taken a Grand class from that port. Of course, who says we still can't go again next as well. ;)

I will be very interested in this as well. We live only 4 and 1/2 hours from NO and am looking for a cruise that is fairly close to home (within driving distance) for myself and two friends and prefer Princess. It would save on airfare for sure as we usually have to fly to get on a Princess ship. Out of 24 cruises, we have been on Princess 17 times.

GOLDEN PRINCESS

• There will be three 7 night Western Caribbean Cruises departing on December 16, 23 & 30, of 2006. Itinerary and pricing coming soon.

• New Orleans to Rio - Sixteen Nights - January 6, 2007 7 ports and overnight aboard ship in Rio.

• ROME to NEW ORLEANS transatlantic, November 29, 2006. Itinerary available.

I saw this in the New Orleans Times Picayune this morning:)

GOLDEN PRINCESS

• There will be three 7 night Western Caribbean Cruises departing on December 16, 23 & 30, of 2006. Itinerary and pricing coming soon.

• New Orleans to Rio - Sixteen Nights - January 6, 2007 7 ports and overnight aboard ship in Rio.

• ROME to NEW ORLEANS transatlantic, November 29, 2006. Itinerary available.

I saw this in the New Orleans Times Picayune this morning:)

I sent an e-mail to my TA asking about this. She's on a cruise in the Med right now so I won't hear much until after she gets back. I'm certainly interested! I can't wait to see what the itinerary is on the 7 day cruises!

Archived