Gratuities & Booze!

irish cailin

Hi guys,

I am looking to pre-pay our gratuities on our upcoming Alaska cruise! Trying to find on oceania website how much these are but not having much luck!! Can anyone here tell me how much per person for a 7 night cruise in PH1??

Planning on using our OBC to purchase alcohol package when we board! Anyone out there know if they serve "Baileys" Irish Cream (and not some other cheap alternative) and if this is available on the more expensive package??

thanks in advance!

For sailings beginning with the 2013 Europe season:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience, gratuities of $14.50 per guest, per day are automatically added to your shipboard account. An additional $6.00 per guest, per day will be added for guests occupying Penthouse, Vista, Oceania or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided. An 18% gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases and spa and salon services. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

I have seen Bailey's onboard

For sailings beginning with the 2013 Europe season:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience, gratuities of $14.50 per guest, per day are automatically added to your shipboard account. An additional $6.00 per guest, per day will be added for guests occupying Penthouse, Vista, Oceania or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided. An 18% gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases and spa and salon services. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

I have seen Bailey's onboard

In Issue 5, Jan 2013 "Your World Your Way" magazine, page 156, General Information, Gratuities are shown as $15.00 per guest/per day, suites are $22.00 per guest/per day. My TA and I discussed this and her response was that YES, the rates were correct, however they did not take effect until March 1, 2013. Could one of the knowledgeable OC hosts clarify this issue please?

In Issue 5, Jan 2013 "Your World Your Way" magazine, page 156, General Information, Gratuities are shown as $15.00 per guest/per day, suites are $22.00 per guest/per day. My TA and I discussed this and her response was that YES, the rates were correct, however they did not take effect until March 1, 2013. Could one of the knowledgeable OC hosts clarify this issue please?

It may depend on when the cruise takes place

Here is further descriptions

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

look closer to the bottom of the page

Lyn

Hi LHT28. Before you prepay for gratuities check with your travel agent as to whether or not the gratuities were included in the reservation. For a time, as an incentive, the 2013 bookings included all gratuities. We have 2 cruises in a PH cabin later this year which includes ALL gratuities including the butler. We had a PH cabin last year and even though the gratuities were also included we gave the butler a very nice send off for his excellent service.

Hi LHT28. Before you prepay for gratuities check with your travel agent as to whether or not the gratuities were included in the reservation. For a time, as an incentive, the 2013 bookings included all gratuities. We have 2 cruises in a PH cabin later this year which includes ALL gratuities including the butler. We had a PH cabin last year and even though the gratuities were also included we gave the butler a very nice send off for his excellent service.

We have pre paid gratuities included on 1 cruise & our TA has included them on other cruises

This may not be the case for IRISH CAILIN to whom I was replying

We do give a bit extra to those that go the extra mile ;)

We have never had a butler & probably would not know what to do with him if we did LOL

Lyn

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Here in Ireland we cannot book direct with Oceania and only one TA in Ireland has the contract with Oceanina (never used this TA before!). The offers open to US residents do not apply this side of the pond but i did get $500 obc as part of my deal (which will pay for the booze!!)

I think i can purchase OBC direct from Oceania - will try that up to $450 which should cover daily service charge.

We will of course have seperate envelopes for our butler & room attendants at the end of our trip!

If you are, as you stated, in a PH cabin, you will have a butler. Our first thought when we met our butler was what do we do with him. Well, it all worked out to our liking. Everything from serving meals to little snacks at the cocktail hour to laundry, booking tours and side trips. Just request any reasonable chore and it will be done. We look forward to our next 24 day sailing on the Rivera with our butler.

Hi guys,

I am looking to pre-pay our gratuities on our upcoming Alaska cruise! Trying to find on oceania website how much these are but not having much luck!! Can anyone here tell me how much per person for a 7 night cruise in PH1??

Planning on using our OBC to purchase alcohol package when we board! Anyone out there know if they serve "Baileys" Irish Cream (and not some other cheap alternative) and if this is available on the more expensive package??

thanks in advance!

I don't know if it's included in the alcohol package, but in June 2012 I was able to have Baileys Irish Cream on the rocks in the bar.

hope that helps!

"Proper" Baileys Irish Cream is carried on the ship and is included in the Prestige Beverage Package, as are:

• Amaretto di Saronno
  • Cointreau
  • Frangelico
  • Grand Marnier
  • Benedictine
  • B&B
  • Kahlua
  • Drambuie
  • Creme de Menthe
  • Midori
  • Tia Maria
  • Sambuca Romana (Black & White)
  • Goldschlager
  • Jagermeister
  • Limoncello,
  • Xtase X.O. Liquer,
  • and all manner of Schnapps.

...and that is only the list of Liqueurs!

baileys.jpg Let the games Begin! :D

"Proper" Baileys Irish Cream is carried on the ship and is included in the Prestige Beverage Package, as are:

• Amaretto di Saronno
  • Cointreau
  • Frangelico
  • Grand Marnier
  • Benedictine
  • B&B
  • Kahlua
  • Drambuie
  • Creme de Menthe
  • Midori
  • Tia Maria
  • Goldschlager
  • Jagermeister
  • Limoncello,
  • Xtase X.O. Liquer,

You guys and your pictures!!!! Great job!!!

Hi guys,

Anyone out there know if they serve "Baileys" Irish Cream (and not some other cheap alternative) and if this is available on the more expensive package??

thanks in advance!

Yes, the real Bailey's is really good. Wuth coffee or even better, without coffee :)

And Oceania, to their credit, doesn't serve "Fake Bailey's."

• Amaretto di Saronno
  • Cointreau
  • Frangelico
  • Grand Marnier
  • Benedictine
  • B&B
  • Kahlua
  • Drambuie
  • Creme de Menthe
  • Midori
  • Tia Maria
  • Goldschlager
  • Jagermeister
  • Limoncello,
  • Xtase X.O. Liquer,

Glad that they have both Black & White. Black is my favorite. Here in Florida, most bartenders think Sambuca was a character in the Goodfellas

Archived