Breakaway S7

SissasMomE

Look at Deck 11 and then decks 12 and 13. The balcony part is different on deck 11. It looks like decks 12 and 13 wrap around, but deck 11 has a side balcony? http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=364&deckId=Deck 12

Because these cabins come with access to the private haven area could that be the forward facing balcony they are talking about, I am not familiar with the private haven area so I am not sure if it has a forward facing balcony area so it's just a guess, but maybe if it does it would cover the description the way they have it worded.

I'm jealous! Guess I'll be hanging out more on my brother's balcony. He and his family also have the 2 bedroom Haven suite. lol:)

Don't be jealous - I was referring to the Forward Facing Penthouse as being a two room suite as opposed to a two bedroom suite!

It seem's rather unfair that you are being punished for being an "early adapter". Even if NCL does nothing, I would check cabin availability DAILY until your sailing. Cancellations always occur.

I'm just upset now that I know my "forward facing penthouse" is going to look like an ocean view stateroom when you walk in the room! I understand we're going to have an actual balcony but I feel like we won't be able to see any scenery unless we're actually right up in the cutout!:( I really feel like s7, deck 13 should be cheaper than the other decks. I was also hoping for more natural light.

For now, I'm going to TRY to stay patient on getting some actual pics...I still have a LONG :eek: time to wait til Oct 2014!!! Lol

Don't be jealous - I was referring to the Forward Facing Penthouse as being a two room suite as opposed to a two bedroom suite!

It seem's rather unfair that you are being punished for being an "early adapter". Even if NCL does nothing, I would check cabin availability DAILY until your sailing. Cancellations always occur.

I agree, it does seem unfair. Will definately keep checking for cancellations.

I'm just upset now that I know my "forward facing penthouse" is going to look like an ocean view stateroom when you walk in the room! I understand we're going to have an actual balcony but I feel like we won't be able to see any scenery unless we're actually right up in the cutout!:( I really feel like s7, deck 13 should be cheaper than the other decks. I was also hoping for more natural light.

For now, I'm going to TRY to stay patient on getting some actual pics...I still have a LONG :eek: time to wait til Oct 2014!!! Lol

I know how you feel. I'm upset too about it. I also agree that they shouldn't be selling the deck 13 s7 for the same price as the others. Having a square cutout really stinks. Not sure if my PCC will actually be able to do anything for me but I'll keep you posted. I'll try to email a bigger pic tomorrow.

Edited by dstewart1075
typo

Remember the deck 13 are a disabled access and a 4 berth so for those that need those features they are attractive(only option) at the current price for pax 1-2.

Could explain the pulman to add value and it is probaly safer for kids.

those that don't need those features can chose another s7 or go for an aft s6 which look to be much better just a lot further away from the haven facilities.

Its good to finaly get a layout these are better value than the S5 in the Haven area(same price on the TA)

Edited by insidecabin

I feel for you! We are on the Transatlantic booked in 13706. We have had this cabin booked since Feb of Last year! Over a year now I have been going through all the pictures. Speaking with PCC and they keep advising that it is not a Hull Balcony.

Oh well! Just going to enjoy it! All part of being the early adaptors

How do you all interpret or read the floorplan? What is the area/chaos around the foreward window, and how does one get to it? On another thread, someone thought it was a solarium. The bathroom looks quite big, but perhaps that is a result of accessibility.

....hope this helps

:D This will definitely spur the discussion. It got my gears going.

Yes this helps. I've always felt like timmo44, that there is an enclosed balcony forward. My only question is will the porthole be operable?

How far around will this enclosure wrap? Will it wrap to the side balcony?

Will it be an echo chamber? lol It sure will get smoky in there. lol

I believe we saw photos confirming it will not connect to the side balcony.:(

With the ship sailing and all these booked guests inquiring, if there was not a forward balcony of any kind, wouldn't NCL have confessed by now?

I don't recall an artist rendering being sooo inaccurate. :eek:

I to am confused, as PP mentioned, about all that noise around the porthole.

Perhaps all the blue lines are inside and it is a sitting area w/ porthole.

What's the red lines? Fire zone delineation?

If the diagram is accurate where is the porthole for the OV next door?

On a slanted ceiling? Through a 3 foot tunnel?

My questions are rhetorical fwiw. ;)

It's fun to speculate isn't it though. :p

Oh sorry, I lack a current booking in an S7. I feel for you all. I too am waiting for more info. I have my eye on an S4, GA though.

Best of luck to all booked in an S7. I truly hope you get a forward view. :)

Edited by bear3412

Sorry but I don't have good news to report. My PCC spoke to this manager and there's nothing they can do for me at this time. After requesting someone further up the corporate ladder to speak to, my PCC said he spoke with his manager and there's one more person they'll reach out to. Hope it works. So disappointed that I'm paying the same fare as those on Decks 9-12 and I'm probably gonna be stuck with a cutout window for my balcony. Pretty disappointed in NCL's customer service at this point too. Will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

I will try to keep an eye out for any possible cancellations in the Haven so maybe I can do a last minute switch or upgrade. I also asked my PCC that he do the same. On a positive, maybe the "hull" will be safer for my 5 year old (I doubt it but trying to think of something good). lol:)

8578620578_2bff178fcc_b.jpg

hope this helps

Thanks for the bigger pic. Still blurry though. I was thinking MAYBE the stuff by the bedroom window is a sitting area. Kind of like a dormer window on a house. This extra area may make up for the hull balcony. I guess it'll make a little more private too....and, looking on the brighter side, maybe having less natural light coming in will mean my daughters will sleep longer!! And agreeing with PP would be safer for children...although I'm sure the balconies with the glass are just as safe! I believe there's a window in the floor of the bridge so it might be better that the balcony is more enclosed. Plus, it'll probably be less wind and more protection from rain.

As well as the bridge drop through window there is probably going to be a camera mounted under the bridge at that point(like the jewel class shower cam for the owners suites).

light and being able to see into the cabin would not be very private.

OMG! Really!? I've seen the showers right up against the windows but assume its just 1 way glass but how can you be so sure!?

Here is a site I hadn't been aware of, but... It still says "wrap around" some say they never saw this. I saw it on NCL. NCL tweaked their site IMO.

http://cruise.*****************/imgs/iphone/cabins/829124/S7med.jpg

For those without mice, courtesy from above site;

Description

829124_S7.gif

Cabin # 13706

Category S7

The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

Description: The Haven Penthouse Suites offer dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows that provide an ever-changing seascape view. They include king-size bed with pillow-top mattress and fine linens, and private bathroom. There is a separate dining room and living room with additional sofa bed, as well as an extra-spacious wrap-around balcony. These suites are located in The Haven - a ship-within-a-ship reserved exclusively for Norwegian's special guests. Amenities include the expert services of a concierge and 24-hour butlers, and a secluded Courtyard where you can spend your sea days relaxing, dining and enjoying exquisite privacy.

Cabin Name: The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony Deck: Deck 13 Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin Accessible? No Connecting? Yes. Connects with Stateroom # 13708 Window Type: Balcony Stateroom Size: 452 sq ft sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

Please Note: We are not always notified of cabin updates and renovations. If particualr cabin attributes are important to you, please verfiy with your travel agent prior to booking that this cabin information is current. Colors and layouts may vary.

Here is a site I hadn't been aware of, but... It still says "wrap around" some say they never saw this. I saw it on NCL. NCL tweaked their site IMO.

http://cruise.*****************/imgs/iphone/cabins/829124/S7med.jpg

For those without mice, courtesy from above site;

Description

829124_S7.gif

Cabin # 13706

Category S7

The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

Description: The Haven Penthouse Suites offer dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows that provide an ever-changing seascape view. They include king-size bed with pillow-top mattress and fine linens, and private bathroom. There is a separate dining room and living room with additional sofa bed, as well as an extra-spacious wrap-around balcony. These suites are located in The Haven - a ship-within-a-ship reserved exclusively for Norwegian's special guests. Amenities include the expert services of a concierge and 24-hour butlers, and a secluded Courtyard where you can spend your sea days relaxing, dining and enjoying exquisite privacy.

Cabin Name: The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony Deck: Deck 13 Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin Accessible? No Connecting? Yes. Connects with Stateroom # 13708 Window Type: Balcony Stateroom Size: 452 sq ft sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

Please Note: We are not always notified of cabin updates and renovations. If particualr cabin attributes are important to you, please verfiy with your travel agent prior to booking that this cabin information is current. Colors and layouts may vary.

This is the current description on the NCL site. Which is still not accurate

The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony UP TO $300 ONBOARD CREDIT

Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)

Accommodates: 3-4Approx. Size: 409-505 sq. ft.

After receiving the following letter and speaking to NCL, we've decided to upgrade to Aft penthouse. They could care less if we canceled and said they aren't allowed to give us any kind of compensation if we're unhappy with the "privasea" balcony. They say the purpose of the letter is to inform us and give us the opportunity to change our room.

FYI we were booked in 13706 with 4 people. (10/05/14) They told us every room was booked in that category, however, I know 13706 is the only room that sleeps 4. Conveniently, for them, all aft penthouses are not booked.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for booking your vacation on Norwegian Breakaway, the newest, largest and most exciting cruise ship to ever homeport in New York City.

Our records indicate you’ve reserved a suite with a PrivaSea balcony. As the name suggests, these spacious balconies are enclosed, affording you more privacy and comfort in your balcony space. If a PrivaSea balcony is not what you had in mind, simply contact us at 1-855-625-4283 or call your travel professional.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Breakaway to experience the best of NYC at sea. So pack your bags and get ready to Cruise Like A Norwegian.

Warmest regards,

Vivian Ewart

VP Passenger Services

Norwegian Cruise Line

I got the same letter. I called and at first they offered to move us to a Owner's Suite for an additional $4,000. As you can understand, that was out of the question so after being put on hold for another 5 or 10 minutes, I'm happy to say they were able to move us to Category S5, Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite that accomodates 3 on Deck 16. Didn't have to pay any extra money at all. I actually liked the room layout better of my S7 (13706), but disliked the "Privasea" balcony more. I'm thrilled to be on Deck 16, Courtyard level (my brother also has a room on 16). Only thing is my new room is a handicapped room. They said if someone needed the room once we board, we would just have to switch within the same category. That's fine by me. I think I have a happy ending to my dilemma. I'm very pleased with the NCL Concierge customer service I received.

I got the same letter. I called and at first they offered to move us to a Owner's Suite for an additional $4,000. As you can understand, that was out of the question so after being put on hold for another 5 or 10 minutes, I'm happy to say they were able to move us to Category S5, Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite that accomodates 3 on Deck 16. Didn't have to pay any extra money at all. I actually liked the room layout better of my S7 (13706), but disliked the "Privasea" balcony more. I'm thrilled to be on Deck 16, Courtyard level (my brother also has a room on 16). Only thing is my new room is a handicapped room. They said if someone needed the room once we board, we would just have to switch within the same category. That's fine by me. I think I have a happy ending to my dilemma. I'm very pleased with the NCL Concierge customer service I received.

Those S5 are not that big for 3.

The aft S6 are a much better deal if you don't mid a walk to the haven area.

From the deck plans I am pretty sure the NEW cabin you booked is very close if not the same as a 2 bedroom villa. So be pumped!