I recently found a new way to find cheap air fares...u can try it

jane hither

there s a new tool around the block called Smartrover...i found it on download.com..you ve to fill up just one form on it..it searches some of the most popular websites like travelocity, expedia, southwest etc. and gives a simple list of the results which you can sort by price, date etc....it will search over a span of a week of the travel date that you will mention...so that gives you the flexibilty in dates also...

...further it does not leave any results or promotional offers behind that you may overlook while searchin urself....it will send u an email alert on price matched ones if u want it too.........

...the best of all, it keeps doing s recurring search in the background every few hours so u dont miss out on any new deals.........

.....i think it should get you the cheapest flights available online...and wats more u wont ve to slog urself to death by filling forms, becoming members and clicking innumerable times........

let me know if it worked for you too...btw: its direct link is www.seeknettech.com

• 3 months later...

Because the OP looks like spam to me (although only a single post to CC), I'd just caution everyone to make sure that they have Spybot and AdAware on their machines and they run them after using this program. Programs like this often load a lot of spyware onto your computer while they're running.

Hi,

atfer reading Jane's post, I installed the software that she gave the link to (it took over one hour on a dialup).

And then after reading Globaliser post I run the program for detecting spysoftware (program was installed from AOL) and one item was found called "ALEXA". I am not possitive that it came with the 'seeknettech' but it was not there yesterday. I blocked that but I am not even sure what it does.

Wes

Thanks, Globaliser, for giving everyone a head's up. Noticed the OP is from the Bay Area, which is, coincidentally, where this program originates. And the full featured version is NOT available without a subscription, which was pretty expensive ,IIRC, unless you book a lot of airfare.

I got "malicious code" warnings from my firewall. How about it, OP? What's up with this stuff?

Thanks Globaliser. I run both Spybot and ADaware as a normal routine. There are some cookies that show up but my system catches them.

I should have checked to see how many posts this person had put on before I installed it. So far it works well but I do not think that I would subscribe to their service for thirty days.

Take care, Ron

you can also try

http://www.itassoftware.com to check on cheap fares -then you can go to

www.seatguru.com to see which seats offer the most comfort on your flight

I love this itasoftware. I found good flights, but inorder to get the prices, I need to get a travel agent to book it. Any idea how I would do this? Do I just call any travel agent and have them use the codes provided on this website? Will travel agents do that for you?

I love this itasoftware. I found good flights, but inorder to get the prices, I need to get a travel agent to book it. Any idea how I would do this? Do I just call any travel agent and have them use the codes provided on this website? Will travel agents do that for you?
Any travel agent that is an agent for the relevant airline should be able to do it without any hassle. You're looking for an agent that has direct access to a computer reservations system, and isn't actually booking air tickets through another agent because the agents you're dealing with doesn't have a direct relationship with the airline.

But you should also be able to book the fares directly with the airline, if you're having trouble finding an agent who can do it. If you talk directly with the airline, it's also possible that they might have deals that are only offered directly by them, which ITA would not be able to pick up.

Dolores,

check the downloaded software with some spy detecting program......it is strange that the poster that recommended that program posted only one post and nothing else.....almost seems that is was done just to 'get' others to use the program (and pay for it).

Wes

I did download smartrover, but am unable to open itasoftware. I keep getting an error message. Could it be that we are unable to use it on the west coast. Thank you
I think there may have been a bug in one of the links earlier in the thread.

Trying using this link for the ITA Software search engine.

I also got the Alexa bug. Ad-aware says is it a low risk one, but I got rid of it anyway.

We have a great "Heads Up" department here. Good catch guys. :rolleyes:

skybuffalo - suggest you run your virus scan software or get Ad-Aware. I think it is free (?)

The OP posted this item several times before and only changed the sign-in name, still some form of Jane though. I downloaded the program and had problems for months. I purchased the spyware, adware blocker and some more stuff and my computer still didn't get back to normal. I ended up using the quick restore program, which only helped a little. I finally gave up and gave the computer to my daughter and bought a new one. Wish I had known what I know now.

Hi Northender,

I have three spyware programs that I use. I deinstalled the program but you just never know if there is something else still running in the background. I will be more carefull next time. It just isn't worth the risk for me.

Thanks, Ron

We have been seeing 93-102 for a one way to San Fran from fort lauderdale. I go to book it tonight and it is 150 on way, unless we go into Oakland, so why did it go up for all airlines literally overnight? Is there a fluctation on the price and will it go back down? I had heard that there are times to book where the fare is the cheapest, has anyone heard of that? SHould I book Oakland? Anyone know the distance from oakland to downtown San Fran??

Thanks

WASUP,

First of all, What are you using to get your prices? When were you checking? I would be all over that $102! I'd even drive from Sac to SF for that price! We're trying to fly out of SMF (Sacramento) to FLL in Jan '05. I too have been waiting for the prices to drop again. I should have bought when the price was $289 a few weeks ago. Now it's back up to $345-$466!

When are you trying to fly out?

Second, SF is not far from Oakland at all. It's the traffic you need to worry about. I'd say 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.

Keep me posted WASUP!

Archived