Canada/New England Photo & (Live at the Time) Review from 10/19/12-11/3/12

Here is a link to the photo review I'm doing on the RCL board. Thought some of the information contained in the review might help others when planning their Canada/New England cruises. I know when I was searching there were limited reviews on this area.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769976

The review covers 2 days in Montreal, 2 days in Quebec City, Gaspe, PEI, Sydney NS, Halifax NS, 2 days in Saint John NB, Portland MN & NYC

This is a great review and resource for people planning a Canada/New England cruise. You researched well and made some great choices in the various ports.

If you thought the part of the Cabot Trail you saw was scenic, you will have to come back to see the rest of it including the west coast part which I like best. You were wise with the beautiful weather and fall colours to take that drive and to get as far as Neil's Harbour. The ships' tours stop at Keltic Lodge in Ingonish and miss some of the best waterside scenery that you saw.

This is a great review and resource for people planning a Canada/New England cruise. You researched well and made some great choices in the various ports.

If you thought the part of the Cabot Trail you saw was scenic, you will have to come back to see the rest of it including the west coast part which I like best. You were wise with the beautiful weather and fall colours to take that drive and to get as far as Neil's Harbour. The ships' tours stop at Keltic Lodge in Ingonish and miss some of the best waterside scenery that you saw.

Thanks Maryann,

I would love to come back and do the entire Cabot Trail. I can't imagine that it could get better than what we saw. We were in awe!

Cindy

• 1 month later...

Just bumping to the top to provide pictures & tour information for the Canada ports including Montreal, Quebec City, Saint John NB, Gaspe, Halifax NS, Sydney NS, Portland MN, NYC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cindy, I am in awe of your review and photos! Thanks so much for bumping this to the top. I hadn't seen the thread until last night around 10:00. I was still reading it after midnight, with about three pages to go. Your photos are simply amazing.

We did a similar 10-day itinerary on the NCL Jewel in 2009, and we have a more extensive cruise planned for September 2014. I have been excited since we booked, but not EXCITED, until I happened upon your review. Oh, boy!

I was glad to see that you rented cars in so many ports. We rented only in PEI (drove around the north side of that absolutely gorgeous island), but next year we plan to do more of that.

Had to laugh at your photo of the seagull in front of the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove. My husband and I both have similar photos. Same bird? :D

Anyway, I want to thank you for bringing back my wonderful memories of Canada/New England and giving me great anticipation.

Looking forward to your review of Alaska!

Cindy, I am in awe of your review and photos! Thanks so much for bumping this to the top. I hadn't seen the thread until last night around 10:00. I was still reading it after midnight, with about three pages to go. Your photos are simply amazing.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking time to read my report & comment on it. It took forever to get it all done and someone thanking me for doing it makes it all worth while. It was definitely a beautiful itinerary and we hope to make it back to that area again in the future.

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived