Flight to Ft. Lauderdale arrives late!

galbr46031

I just received my packet from Royal Caribbean for our May 1 cruise and the flight doesn't arrive in Ft. Lauderdale until 2:00 pm. This was all booked through RC. I understand it is a 45 minute drive to Miami port. Are we going to have enough time? I understand they quit taking passengers at 4:00 pm. This is our first cruise and I am afraid they are going to screw it all up. We purchased insurance and went through RC to make sure all would be insured but missing 2 days at sea because we missed the boat due to their booking is not a consolation. We called RC and they said that they would hold the boat? They also said to change the air would be $100. Do you all think that they will really hold the boat because that seems kind of weird that they would throw the whole boats schedule off. Please reassure me. I am getting axious. Thanks Carrie

While its been a while since I booked air through the cruise line, if you booked it through the line, don't worry, there are probably others on the flight with you as well. They know where you are and how far away you are, they will wait for you. I have been onboard and had to wait 2 hours past sailing time to wait for flights to come in.

Next time, if you are able, book your own airfare, fly a day ahead of time, start your vacation early, more relaxed.

Don't worry, enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...

If the plane is on time and it arrives at 2:00 pm, you probably will not get your luggage until 2:30 ish and if you are on the RC bus you should arrive before 4:00 pm.

However in all the cruises I have taken - we have never left on time, never!

Don't worry - but like Doone said, next cruise book your own flights.

So YOU'RE one of those people who stall the ship! <j/k> I definitely wouldn't worry about it if they booked it for you. You're fine.

If for no other reason, you ought to be able to get a better deal through anyone other than the cruise line...for future reference. Princess wanted $500 to fly from SMF to FLL. HECK NO! I'm good. I'll find my own flight, thanks!

We were almost four o'clock getting to FLL once, but HAL was waiting for us. That was before they quit picking up your luggage for you. We were on the ship by 5 though. So, if nothing unforseen happens, you'll be ok.

Carrie, I would call your TA and have them followup with the cruise line to find out why they placed you on a flight that arrives so late and to get assurances from them that if you are late they will hold the ship. Usually, the biggest advantage of booking your airfare from the cruise line is that they will take responsibility for getting you on the ship either at the port of embarkation or the next port should your flight arrive very late. Also, have they provided you with transfers to get from the airport to the ship?

Again, I would call your TA and have them followup. It is your vacation, and it should be a relaxing time rather than a stressful time so I would ask your TA to get involved.

Keith

It's funny how some threads come back to life! I did notice that the OP said:-

I just received my packet from Royal Caribbean for our May 1 cruise
so hopefully she was fine when she did it. Certainly she doesn't seem to have come back to CC with a horror story!

Archived