Beer and anytime dining

ottmar

I have several questions about the Caribbean Princes that pertain about getting beer right away when getting seated.

How many main dining rooms are there and are all of them OK for anytime diners.

I like to have my beer to drink with my appetizers and in the past on other cruise lines my beer order would come as late as AFTER the main meal.

Usually I order a Fosters Oil can which lasts me throughout the meal but I have been taking it from the nearest bar with me to the dining room but that is not feasible if the seating is delayed much and the beer gets warm.

Where is the nearest bar on the Caribbean Princes to the dining room I have to use?

Any help is appreciated.

.....Ott

I have several questions about the Caribbean Princes that pertain about getting beer right away when getting seated.

I like to have my beer to drink with my appetizers and in the past on other cruise lines my beer order would come as late as AFTER the main meal.

Usually I order a Fosters Oil can which lasts me throughout the meal but I have been taking it from the nearest bar with me to the dining room but that is not feasible if the seating is delayed much and the beer gets warm.

Where is the nearest bar on the Caribbean Princes to the dining room I have to use?

Any help is appreciated.

.....Ott

My DH was unable to get his Foster's on our last cruise in October. He was told Princess had discontinued carrying the Foster's 24oz. can.:mad:

Any help is appreciated.

The ATD rooms on the Caribbean are the Coral DR, Deck 6 midship and the Island DR, Deck 5 midship. Both are the same. If you eat early you go to the Island DR on Deck 5. Normally the Coral DR on Deck 6 is used for traditional dining until around 7:30PM, but this could change according to demand. Check the back of the Princess Patter when you board. If you eat late, any DR is available. The Lobby Bar is just outside the DR on Deck 5. There is no bar in the lobby on Deck 6. Deck 7 has Crooners Bar. If you ask the Head Waiter when you enter the DR to have a beer delivered for you, you should be able to get one quickly. If you reserve the same table each evening with the same waiter, they will know you want the beer and have it for you. Don't know all the brands of beer available on board.

My experience has been that drink orders are filled very quickly.

If the dining room is really busy, there is a bar runner that brings

the drink to the wait station -- so the (junior) waiter doesn't wait for

the drink at the service bar -- but even then, it's very prompt.

Why don't you simply order your beer while you look at the menu,

and continue looking at the menu until it is delivered? If the waiter

wants to take your food order -- mention that you would like your drink

order first.

Archived