Unsolicited notifications from HAL Cruise Consultant

localady

Sher, check your HAL account, My Preferences. There's a question: "Do you work with a travel professional?" Maybe it's not marked yes?

I last booked with HAL and a PCC in 2007, since then have used my favorite TA..... I stil get emails from a PCC at HAL, sometimes I check

them out, sometimes, I just hit delete!! simple!

I've never had anything from a PCC. I would actually have liked the option to have offers or help with my booking without having to contact HAL directly. In the end, I've just booked it myself through the website so I don't have any extra perks or anything.

My last booking was through a travel agent who I did not like, so I am on the lookout for a new person and HAL actually aren't doing themselves any favours by not being a bit more forthcoming.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't it seems!

I get an email about once every couple of months from a PCC at HAL (not always the same one) asking if there is anything they can do for me. I've never received anything I would regard as "outside their boundaries", but my boundaries may be wider than the OP.

I had the epitome of unsolicited communications about a week ago... This guy called on the telephone and asked to speak to Master Sergeant D... (my husband). I said "I'm sorry, he passed away. Can I help you?" The guy told me he was from the Military Benefits Association and he was calling about Paul's insurance policy. I told him that insurance policy had been paid out three years ago when Paul died and he proceeded to try to talk me into buying insurance for my two adult sons. When I declined he wanted me to give him THEIR phone numbers... Now that's "unsolicited"!

I just returned from my first HAL cruise January 13, 2013.

On January 19 I received an email from the "HAL PCC Team" (no specific name) asking me to book my next cruise thru them.

As I was actually hooked and wanting to book a cruise for March, I responded to the generic email. Within 1/2 hour I had an answer from my new PCC (who is awesome)...and in comparing her prices and extras (OBC) with my online options and TA her price beats them all (not by a lot...but by enough to make me want to deal with her).

She has answered all my questions and emails very quickly....and I will be booking my March 16th cruise shortly...and it will be thru her.

I am extremely glad I received that email, because my usual preference would be to book directly online, but her prices had some extras that you would not get without talking to someone.

I love it! And if I ever decide their email is unwanted, I will direct it to trash...no big deal!

Camlaura

Have never booked directly with Hal...always thru a TA...have booked directly with Carnival though...in the last two weeks have received two or three TC from Hal....cannot remember her name...anyway she said she was my PCC or whatever it is they are called and was here to help me...think I probably got an email or two also...I just deleted both..emails and calls.

I have been looking on the Hal website a lot...so guess they are just being proactive in the hopes I will book a cruise:D

Just be thankful that it is email that can easily be deleted or blocked.

We were inundated with snail mail...addressed to us in multiple ways, as well as the to the former occupants of our house of ten plus years ago. Not just Hal either...but primarily from Carnival Corp subs. They must share mailing lists.

They never made it past the recycle bin.

Archived