Valor Borading Time

takevtr1

I just posted this on the San Juan board, but did not get a response so I turn to this board.

Does anybody know when we will be allowed to board the Valor sailing out of San Juan and departing at 10pm??

We arrive in SJ at 11am and trying to figure what to do first.

Head right to the pierand board the ship or do some sightseeing first.

Thanks in advance,

You should be able to board at noon or 1PM so by the time you get your bags from the airport & go to the pier you could be in line to board. You can get on, eat lunch, drop your bags off & then debark & see Old San Juan as long as you are back on the ship by 9:30

ok, thanks for the info.

We will most likely head right to the pier and have lunch.

Depending on the time frame at that point, we will leave the ship and do some sightseeing.

THANKS.....

Anything interesting to se near the pier and within walking distance??

Yes, go STRAIGHT to the port! They'll let you sometimes board as early as 11:00-11:30. Since it's such an all day thing, I doubt you'll see the back up like you would in the States. I guess I'll find out for myself in a couple months.:o Then you can eat lunch, get off and site see for several hours before dinner! It's the best of both worlds, boarding there and it's like it's a port in itself, lol.

The fort is a short walk from the pier and you should visit it. You can see the ship easily from some parts of the fort which is kind of cool.

Also you need to be back on the boat no later than 8:30, not 9:30 as was mentioned earlier.

there is a FREE trolley that picks up right by the pier. One route goes to the fort which, although it is not a long distance away, it is an uphill walk. If you just want to shop the Old SanJuan shops are right across the street from the pier!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks again to all.

we will be traveling with my in-laws, who can walk, may have issues in the heat and walking any great distance.

the trolley sounds like it may be the best thing for them.

I am sure we will be back on the ship by around 6pm since we dont want to miss dinner. not sure if you we get off the ship after dinner. probably check out all the ship has to offer.

I just posted this on the San Juan board, but did not get a response so I turn to this board.

Does anybody know when we will be allowed to board the Valor sailing out of San Juan and departing at 10pm??

We arrive in SJ at 11am and trying to figure what to do first.

Head right to the pierand board the ship or do some sightseeing first.

Thanks in advance,

My PVP told me 2:30 pm is the boarding time, but I have heard of people getting on earlier. I also hear you can leave your luggage there before you board. Anyone know if this is true?

Hey All,

I know this is a huge thread topic, so I appolgize if this was answered a 100 times before, but,

I know the policy is that you can bring one bottle of wine pp onboard, but how hard is it to bring lets say a bottle of scotch insetad of a bottle of wine? can we just put one bottle in our carryon and walk it onboard??

I hear the rules are a little looser in SJU.

Also, what happens if we bring our one bottle of wine on, then leave the ship to do some sightseeing, and then purchase another bottle of wine and bring it onboard the second time we re-board the ship.

I dont want to sound cheap, as I am willing to spend a little bit onboard for drinks, but I would also like to have a bottle or 2 in my cabin for consumption whenever I am in the cabin. We are a group of 10, so we may be able to bring 10 bottles of something with us.

thanks guys,

Archived