We can see Allure from our villa in Grand Cayman

nicstress

We were sitting here this morning on our patio, our rental villa is on the North Side of the island, and we spotted a large cruiseship. Sure enough, it is Allure, on her sea day, traveling from Jamaica to Cozumel. Pretty fun to see.

*love* it! what is the weather like in the Caymans? is the water warm?? I'll be on the Allure in 24 days and am a little conerned the water won't be too warm...

is this your first time in the Caymans? I would love to vacation there some day. Which resort are you near?

Enjoy your vacation! susan

We were sitting here this morning on our patio, our rental villa is on the North Side of the island, and we spotted a large cruiseship. Sure enough, it is Allure, on her sea day, traveling from Jamaica to Cozumel. Pretty fun to see.
I saw your villa when I was on Oasis.

Suizas, the weather has been 82 to 85 every day this week with more sun than clouds. However, the ships in port today looked like they got dumped on with rain while we were at Rum Point (we are staying about 10 min away). It was nice st Rum Point after some am clouds. The water is pretty much like a bath. I am pretty wimpy and can just walk right in. I had been to Grand Cayman 3 times previously all on cruises and wanted to stay a week on this gorgeous island. We picked the North Side and are so glad we did. So peaceful compared to SMB area. One of the topics on the local news today was building piers for cruise ships. Still might happen!

Suizas, the weather has been 82 to 85 every day this week with more sun than clouds. However, the ships in port today looked like they got dumped on with rain while we were at Rum Point (we are staying about 10 min away). It was nice st Rum Point after some am clouds. The water is pretty much like a bath. I am pretty wimpy and can just walk right in. I had been to Grand Cayman 3 times previously all on cruises and wanted to stay a week on this gorgeous island. We picked the North Side and are so glad we did. So peaceful compared to SMB area. One of the topics on the local news today was building piers for cruise ships. Still might happen!

I know the residents are concerned with the ships hurting the reefs, but it would be awesome if they could figure it all out - I went to Grand Cayman once (like you on a previous cruise) and just loved the small bit I got to see.

I am excited to try to see your villa.. Do you recall what time you think you saw Allure? Would love to be out on deck at that time! (ps - thanks, the weather sound perfect!)

Archived