New England cruise & motion sickness?

kdinkus1

Taking a cruise to maine and canada in june. I am wondering for those who have taken this ship (the Glory) and this itenerairy, what are the waters like in June? We took a cruise out of Baltimore in April of last year and for the first 2 days, I felt horrible! (smaller ship) Please don't tell me not to go as this trip was planned by my grandson who is graduating highschool. Any advice would be welcome also... Thanks! Also, passport needed for grandson age 17? How about the 14 yr old and 12 year old? Needed? Recommendations? (Money will be tight for them and we will help as much as we can too.)

There is no need to feel horrible on any cruise!

Start taking anti motion sickness meds BEFORE the ship sails and you'll be just fine! There are many remedies.

We take the generic Meclazine(med found in Bonine and in Dramamine II) . The ship has a supply of it and you can buy it in any pharmacy.

I get seasick really bad but I've found what works. Starting do this one day before the cruise. One bonine in the mornings with a ginger pill, a ginger pill at lunch, then one bonine and one ginger pill at bedtime. It works so well

I took this cruise in Sept 2012. The trip was smooth and no sea sickness. A passport is not necessary as long as you start and end the cruise in the same U.S. port. You then must have a government issued photo ID (drivers license) and a state certified birth certificate from your state's vital statistics department. I used my drivers license and birth certificate and I passed through all security check points with no problem.

If you suffer from motion sickness, start taking dramamine (or similar) the day before the cruise. Continue taking per directions during the cruise.

Oh, and don't forget to take it for a few days AFTER the cruise, too. I have forgotten a couple of times and had horrible "sea sickness" before I got my land legs back!!!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have (and do take) all things that have been recommened during past cruises. Even have the motion bands and a watch that sends little shocks thru your system. However, motion sickness and I still share my cruises. I appreciated all the help and esp the info on the waters... It doesn't seem as if it will make too much difference whether it be the Caribbean or the NE waters. Seems by the comments, it is about the same. Thanks all!

this won't help until closer to your cruise, like not until the week before...but this website predicts ocean swells and winds. You can get real time reading from bouys in the ocean and ports...its pretty slick and pretty accurate.

hopefully I'm not breaking a rule by posting a link, if it comes down, check out swellwatch dot com

http://forecasts.surfingmagazine.com/#place=29.53522956294847_-71.762695_5_1490_height_none_Sat_-1

Archived