OS noise, cabins below.

kimanjo

Very light sleeper, and just wondering if we book a PH below OS 8143, would we hear any noise??

I've read about passengers with these larger staterooms hosting get-togthers and such, and wondered if you can hear the walking/noise from the OS above??? Moving chairs? Socials?

Thanks!

Well, I've never been underneath an OS ... I was IN an OS once but we didn't have any wild parties -- I'd blown out my knee the day before boarding Regatta and was circumnavigating the cabin in a wheel chair.

However, I've never heard noise from neighboring cabins on Oceania ships period. Sometimes you hear noise from the public areas above you (the pool area, Waves, that kind of location) but I haven't heard anyone complaining about noise from neighboring cabins.

On the "R" ships I sometimes could hear the toilet flushing from next door but that was about it.

When Renaissance went under after 9/11 we were booked for a January 2002 Hong Kong-Singapore cruise. At the last minute we booked a South America cruise on NCL's DREAM (no longer in their fleet) for the same time. We were in a mini-suite -- roughly comparable to the "R" ships PH but not as conveniently set up in terms of electrical outlets, etc. Our neighbors had friends in for cocktails every night and we could hear their entire conversations. We never heard anything from neighboring cabins on the "R" ships.

I would assume that the "O" ships are even better insulated for noise just because they are newer and TPTB are aware of passengers' aversion to noise.

Mura

Have spent 8 cruises in 7th floor OS and never had any noise from above.

Did have a wild loud large group traveling together in an 8th floor OS but fortunately we were on 6 for that one and only heard the loud parties when we tried to use our balcony before dinner!:rolleyes:

Suggest one does consider noise level if pool deck or outside eateries are above your cabin. You'll be awakend at 6:00 AM each day with sound of deck chairs and tables being dragged on the deck. That's when staff complete set up for the day and no one seems to be able to ensure the noise level is monitored.

Elwin

Have spent 8 cruises in 7th floor OS and never had any noise from above.

Did have a wild loud large group traveling together in an 8th floor OS but fortunately we were on 6 for that one and only heard the loud parties when we tried to use our balcony before dinner!:rolleyes:

Archived