New to Carnival - question about food

JVD85

Hi,

We're new to Carnival. Quick question, what food venues are included in your fare?

We've only sailed Disney and all food except coffee bar and adult only restaurants was included

I'm looking for a list (if possible) of all food venues included or not included.

And also, is coffee available freely? Disney had drink stations, is there something of this sort available? I know you can buy a drink card, but unsure of how this works.

Thank You!

Ships have a small coffee bar that charges for specialty coffees, premium baked goods and milkshakes. Although they offer free coffee 24/7 on Lido, I enjoyed a carmel latte every morning. Most (all?) ships have the coffee bar. Glory last month had a smaller, express version by the Lido buffet that was convenient during breakfast without having to go down to the Promenade/deck 5. They also offer spiked coffee drinks here. I thought it was worth the extra charge for good coffee and the barista rembered my order the second or third day.

On ships that have Cucina del Capitano (the Italian Restaurant) there is a $12.00 charge at dinner--money well spent! It's free at lunch but that's a pasta bar vs. regular four course meal. The steakhouse has a $35.00 charge. Ships with Red Frog Pub have a charge of $3.33 per appetizer, and they're very good. There is also an extra charge at the sushi place on ships that have them, but I'm not sure what the charge is since I'm not a sushi person. The coffee carts and desert stands have excellent coffee for $2.00 - $3.00 depending on your drink of choice. There is coffee in the Lido 24/7 but in my opinion it's not very good. Also ice tea and lemonade is available all day. During breakfast only there is juice--orange juice and some other but I don't recall which. There is a bottomless bubbles program but it's for soda and juice--coffee not included. I wish they would offer a bottomless premium coffee program but not yet.

Just off the Inspiration.

Sushi is now part of the everyday offering in the buffet (free) for dinner.

There is now a taste bar, also free. Tried samples of other venues on other ships.

We love the Mongolian Grill/Wok. You can also order free coffee from room service in the morning.

If you eat dinner in the main dining room, and don't like the dessert selection - you can order a banana split from the children's menu. Yummy!

Archived