Chef's Table

Does anyone know how I contact someone on the ship about the chef's table. I have a gluten allergy and we are doing Chef's Table the first night. I want to make sure they know about my allergy so there is no problem.

Becky

I'm sure they will try to make you aware of what items may be harmful to you but I doubt if they will alter the menu to meet your needs. Chef's Table is a high end tasting menu for 14 guests at a time. If you have a medical condition that precludes you from partaking of it I would suggest it was your responsibility to determine how compatible the menu is with your dietary requirements before you booked. If it were me I would call Royal Caribbean with my issue and see what can be done about it. If I found out the menu was detrimentally altered to accomodate one guests dietary requirements at the expense of the other guests dining experience I would demand my money back.

When we were on the Splendour last year, group of ten, RCI would not allow our gluten allergy friend to go to Chef's Table. Unless this is a life-or-death situation, (a) I would not tell RCI, and (b) understand that there is gluten in a fair amount of the selections.

I'm sure they will try to make you aware of what items may be harmful to you but I doubt if they will alter the menu to meet your needs. Chef's Table is a high end tasting menu for 14 guests at a time. If you have a medical condition that precludes you from partaking of it I would suggest it was your responsibility to determine how compatible the menu is with your dietary requirements before you booked. If it were me I would call Royal Caribbean with my issue and see what can be done about it. If I found out the menu was detrimentally altered to accomodate one guests dietary requirements at the expense of the other guests dining experience I would demand my money back.

I have verified that they will adjust the menu in any venue to meet a gluten free diet, but I was not sure who to contact about the chef's table specifically. I guess we will find out in 3 wks.

Becky

Archived