NCL Shuttle in Marseille?

LocardsChild

Has anyone experienced whether NCL offers a shuttle bus (paid, I know) from the new port to the old port in Marseille? I'm interested in whether it runs, what price, and what hours....

I know the city bus runs outside the old port, but I've also heard that it doesn't stop when full. I'd rather know for sure whether or not I was going to make it to the Old Port in time to get the If ferry since they'll let you buy tickets by mail order for a specific time and date.

Thanks!

B

While I can't comment on the NCL shuttle, I can share our experience with the city bus. The bus stop is 2.7 km away from where the ships dock, so it's a relatively long walk. By the time we arrived at the stop of the #35 bus there was already a large crowd of people waiting there, I'd say at least 100. When the bus drivers saw the crowds, they just drove by without stopping.

We eventually walked to a different bus stop from where we caught a bus to a metro station from where we finally got into Marseilles. By the time we arrived at the Vieux Port, all ferry departures to Cateau d'Iff that would have still worked for us were already sold out. On the way back we took a cab which cost us more than what we would have paid for the shuttle.

MSC charged 14 EUR for the shuttle, Costa, which had a ship in port the same day, charged 9 EUR. The cab was 30 EUR one way, so we would absolutely recommend using the shuttle.

• 4 weeks later...

does any one know the best tours or how to get to Cassis and Aix de Provence Cruising on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam 8/13and have 2 daughters age 14 and 10 and wife. They enjoy art, beaches, shopping and my wife enjoys wine and French cuisine

We used the shuttle in Sept and it was worth it, very hot day and a very long walk thru all of the constrution and mess.

It was much nice to see it thru the windows of an aircondiditoned bus and be dropped off where it was much easier to walk!

The return bus was easy with very little wait time

do you remember how much the shuttle was? also, Im seeing full day excursions on the NCL site but not shuttles.

We used the shuttle in Sept and it was worth it, very hot day and a very long walk thru all of the constrution and mess.

It was much nice to see it thru the windows of an aircondiditoned bus and be dropped off where it was much easier to walk!

The return bus was easy with very little wait time

When we were in Marseilles, the City merchants subsidized a shuttle from the ship to the center of town right on the water. A lady sat at a small table right near the ship and sold round trip tickets for 5 Euros as I recall.

When we were in Marseilles, the City merchants subsidized a shuttle from the ship to the center of town right on the water. A lady sat at a small table right near the ship and sold round trip tickets for 5 Euros as I recall.

Now this is interesting to hear, and a much more favourable option thatn the $20 cost. Question is - does this 'Merchants Shuttle' do a return trip ?

Is there anyone else out there with any similar experience ?

Fig

• 3 weeks later...

Tell me more about the round trip shuttle? How was the experience? Any problem with the shuttle return to the ship? We will be in port May 2 - Norwegian Epic.

Here is the whole story. In the morning we took a tour to Aix. Then back at the ship and after lunch we were not sure what to do. So a waiter at lunch told us about a shuttle sponsored by the merchants. He said a lot of crew members took it to town. So we did it too. It was round trip. Free coming back. It dropped us off right at the Harbor by a little rubber tire tourist train drop off point. They just set up a table and collected round trip fare right next to the ship. I cannot guarantee they do it every cruise. I am posting a photo. The map on a post, is right across from the shuttle bus stop. Just ask when you get on the ship at the port.

Lastly, if you Google Map this: 176 Quai du Port, Marseille, France the satellite map will show the little train and some buses on the street. This was our drop off point.

1067961196_Mars2.jpg.4c7d52de087bbf245943453b80a92fe0.jpg

Here is the whole story. In the morning we took a tour to Aix. Then back at the ship and after lunch we were not sure what to do. So a waiter at lunch told us about a shuttle sponsored by the merchants. He said a lot of crew members took it to town. So we did it too. It was round trip. Free coming back. It dropped us off right at the Harbor by a little rubber tire tourist train drop off point. They just set up a table and collected round trip fare right next to the ship. I cannot guarantee they do it every cruise. I am posting a photo. The map on a post, is right across from the shuttle bus stop. Just ask when you get on the ship at the port.

Lastly, if you Google Map this: 176 Quai du Port, Marseille, France the satellite map will show the little train and some buses on the street. This was our drop off point.

Hi Fblack

Thankyou for the information, would you happen to remember the cost of the merchant shuttle and rough timings

Damon

Hi Fblack

Thankyou for the information, would you happen to remember the cost of the merchant shuttle and rough timings

Damon

Sorry I won't be much more help. Seems to me it was just a few Euros. Free coming back. Since the crew also used it, they might have more information when you get on the ship. We found out my talking to a waiter. As for times, I think it just ran back and forth every 20 minutes or so.

If you Google Map satellite view that address I posted (176 Quai du Port, Marseille, France), you will a bus parked on the street right behind the little train. There is some zig zag lines where buses park. That is where the shuttle stopped.

Sorry I won't be much more help. Seems to me it was just a few Euros. Free coming back. Since the crew also used it, they might have more information when you get on the ship. We found out my talking to a waiter. As for times, I think it just ran back and forth every 20 minutes or so.

If you Google Map satellite view that address I posted (176 Quai du Port, Marseille, France), you will a bus parked on the street right behind the little train. There is some zig zag lines where buses park. That is where the shuttle stopped.

Thanks for the information Fblack much appreciated

We will have to wait for people to cruise this year to get further feed back on Marseille

Damon

Archived