ITINERARY CHALLENGE 2013: Semi-final One

Which is your favourite itinerary?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite itinerary?

• ADRIATIC TO ATLANTIC
    • AEGEAN DISCOVERY
    • PEARLS OF THE AEGEAN
    • PRIDE OF PANAMA

ic-semi-final-one.png

2752585802_f3ae234b49_b.jpg

Oia, Santorini | George M. Groutas

After four rounds, it is now time to start the semi-finals. This time, it is the winning itineraries from Round One and Round Two. Out of the four itineraries, you need to choose your favourite one.

This time, it is an Eastern Mediterranean special. Firstly, there is 14 night special on Thomson Dream this November, encompassing the best of the Western Mediterranean and the Adriatic. Next, it's time to head back to 2010 for an Aegean itinerary onboard Thomson Celebration, including stops at Mykonos, Crete and Bodrum. Then we stay around the Greek islands for the Pearls of the Aegean itinerary from 2005, with stops in Santorini, Mykonos, Athens and Kusadasi. Finally, it is something a bit different that Thomson no longer do, a cruise through the Panama Canal from 2000. This 9 night itinerary stops in Costa Rica, Jamaica and Columbia to name but a few.

REMEMBER, you are this time only choosing ONE itinerary!

ADRIATIC TO ATLANTIC

Western Mediterranean | November 2013 | 14 nights | Thomson Dream

Palma, Mallorca - Ship at Sea - Trapani, Sicily - Messina, Sicily - Ship at Sea - Venice, Italy - Koper, Slovenia - Split, Croatia - Dubrovnik, Croatia - Ship at Sea - Cagliari, Sardinia - Ship at Sea - Almeria, Spain - Cadiz, Spain - Lisbon, Portugal

AEGEAN DISCOVERY

Eastern Mediterranean | May to September 2010 | 7 nights | Thomson Celebration

Marmaris, Turkey - Aghios Nikolaos, Crete - Nauplion, Greece - Mykonos Town, Mykonos - Piraeus (for Athens) - Izmir, Turkey - Bodrum, Turkey - Marmaris, Turkey

PEARLS OF THE AEGEAN

Eastern Mediterranean | May to October 2005 | 7 nights | The Emerald

Corfu Town, Corfu - Argostoli, Kefalonia - Piraeus (for Athens), Greece - Kusadasi, Turkey - Mykonos & Santorini, Greece - Heraklion, Crete - Zakynthos Town, Zakynthos - Corfu Town, Corfu

PRIDE OF PANAMA

Caribbean | January 2000 | 9 nights | The Emerald

Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic - Ship at Sea - Cartagena, Columbia - San Blas, San Blas Islands - Cruising through Panama Canal - Puerto Limon, Costa Rica - Ship at Sea - Montego Bay, Jamaica - Ship at Sea - Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic

Votes will close on Sunday, 10 February. :)

Was very close between the Eastern Med ones, but went for Pearls of the Aegean. Liked the Adriatic one but it is in November and doesn't go to Kotor, so would rather go on a port intensive Adriatic one instead. Preferred Pearls instead of Discovery because of Santorini.

Pearls of the aegean for me! Actually we did that cruise in 2005, end of July, and had some very hot but quite stormy weather. We had to miss Zakynthos, and headed back to Corfu where we spent the night.

Mykonos and Santorini in one day worked out better than I thought, though obviously just a short visit to each. It was nice to see the sunset in Santorini, but by the time we got back to the tenders the sea had got quite rough. It took about an hour to get aboard and was quite scary and VERY wet!!

kate

Pearls of the Aegean too here! :D

Loved Adriatic when we did it but agree maybe it is a bit late in November although would possibly still book this one if at the right price ;)

The Pearls of the Aegean would be my first choice as we are looking for a similar itinerary for next year :):):)

I thought we were just voting on the itinerary :confused:.

I haven't even been looking to see when they went :eek:.

I do think the Adriatic to Atlantic looks really good but think I'll go for Panama this time........though I've just noticed this is only for 9 days and there is no way I would sit on a plane for 12 hours unless it was 14 :(.

I thought we were just voting on the itinerary :confused:.

I haven't even been looking to see when they went :eek:.

I do think the Adriatic to Atlantic looks really good but think I'll go for Panama this time........though I've just noticed this is only for 9 days and there is no way I would sit on a plane for 12 hours unless it was 14 :(.

I made the same mistake and voted for Adriatic to Atlantic but wouldn't go in November. I apologise, Sailaway.

Archived