Outer Mole dock question

joanskid

I have a question for anyone who has been docked at the outer mole recently.

I know that it is a Navy base, and you have to be transported off the property, but will the tram allow you to get off once you are out of the base, or do you have to go all the way to Mallory Square?

We plan to go to Blue Heaven for breakfast, and it would be so much more convenient, if we could walk from where the ship docks rather than all the way from Mallory Square.

Thanks for your input!!

I have a question for anyone who has been docked at the outer mole recently.

I know that it is a Navy base, and you have to be transported off the property, but will the tram allow you to get off once you are out of the base, or do you have to go all the way to Mallory Square?

We plan to go to Blue Heaven for breakfast, and it would be so much more convenient, if we could walk from where the ship docks rather than all the way from Mallory Square.

Thanks for your input!!

First you can't walk from where the ship docks since it is behind Navy property.

With that being said, some drivers will stop and allow passengers off after clearing the Navy property but before Front Street. It seems some have had success with this in the past going to Fort Zachary Taylor Beach.

I would tell the driver that you want to go to Blue Heaven and ask if he will allow you to disembark before the Front Street destination.

Good luck,

Mike:)

Mike...thanks for your reply.

I thought that I made it pretty clear that I knew I couldn't walk on the Navy base property when I said..."I know that it is a Navy base, and you have to be transported off the property".

I will definitely ask the driver. I was hoping to hear that others had had success recently.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

yep...I got it...my question was "will the tram allow you to get off once you are out of the base, or do you have to go all the way to Mallory Square?"

The trams are contracted for one way transportation to/from the dock and downtown. That said, the best thing to do is just ask. They won't make special stops along the way, but one stop just outside the pier gate for anyone wanting to walk to the beach, etc, may be feasible.

The trams are contracted for one way transportation to/from the dock and downtown. That said, the best thing to do is just ask. They won't make special stops along the way, but one stop just outside the pier gate for anyone wanting to walk to the beach, etc, may be feasible.

The bigger question to also think of is your plans to get back into the Navy Base - I don't know if a tram will pick someone up just waiting outside the Navy Base gates vs the desginated spot on Mallory Square.

Just food for thought as you plan your schedule.

The bigger question to also think of is your plans to get back into the Navy Base - I don't know if a tram will pick someone up just waiting outside the Navy Base gates vs the desginated spot on Mallory Square.

The return is no problem at all.

After breakfast at Blue Heaven, we'll wander up Duval to Mallory Square, then catch the tram back from there.

That, I know you can do. The tram has to stop at the security checkpoint. When that happens, they will let you jump in to empty seats.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived