Port/Ship Suggestions

shaklee3

Hi, my wife and I are planning on going on a Caribbean cruise in April, and we're looking for advice on the best of these three ports/ship combinations:

Carnival Freedom

Grand Turk, La Romana, Carucao, Aruba

Caribbean Princess

Princess Cays, Carucao, Aruba

Oasis of The Seas (Royal Caribbean)

Labadee

Fallmouth

Cozumel

We've been on two Caribbean carnival cruises before on the Liberty and Valor, and had lots of fun. We're going to be going with another young-ish couple, so the ship having things to do is important. Thanks!

Carnival Freedom! It goes to 4 ports, not three. It is a Conquest ship, same floor plan as the Liberty & Valor. (We've been on both and did a B2B on the Freedom last November.) We like Carnival because there is a good variety of ages and it is a fun ship.

When we were on Princess last year we were the youngest on the ship and we were 68! Instead of a duo in the atrium they had a violyn, chello and piano playing every night. there were chairs around the dance floor so the grey haired people could listen. (I'm grey too but want duos!) Every chair was used every night. And, we never saw so many couples waltzing. There was one other couple in the disco. It was our 4th Princess and a disappointment.

We like RCCL but do not like the new BIG ships with twice the number of passengers as our home town!

Hi, my wife and I are planning on going on a Caribbean cruise in April, and we're looking for advice on the best of these three ports/ship combinations:

Carnival Freedom

Grand Turk, La Romana, Carucao, Aruba

Caribbean Princess

Princess Cays, Carucao, Aruba

Oasis of The Seas (Royal Caribbean)

Labadee

Fallmouth

Cozumel

We've been on two Caribbean carnival cruises before on the Liberty and Valor, and had lots of fun. We're going to be going with another young-ish couple, so the ship having things to do is important. Thanks!

Time to try another line. I do love the Caribbean Princess and the ports are great. However, the Oasis is a destination all on its own. There is so much to do and the shows are the best at sea. As far as the ports, each have something to offer. For ports, Caribbean Princess. For ship, the Oasis. Such hard decisions. :D

I vote Carnival Freedom, too. Those are great ports. We really enjoyed Curacao and not to many itineraries go there. As much as we love Princess, we got bored with the itineraries and jumped over to Celebrity for awhile. Whichever you choose, have a great time!

Pick the cruise for the SHIP as much as for the ports of call. Nothing like booking a cruise with a port of call that you just have to see, and it being rained out when you are docked. Been there, done that. Stayed on the ship. I also just cruised Allure of the Seas and that class of ship is stunning. We had a pretty nice torrential downpour in Labadee. you should have seen the people running back to the ship! Cruised Ruby Princess the following week, bored out of my mind even though the ports were nice. To each his own. ;)

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the carnival one is about $500 more for the cruise+flight. Is it still worth it?

I am not a fan of Carnival so I say no. My humble opinion is to go with the Oasis. Something everyone should try once. ;)

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the carnival one is about $500 more for the cruise+flight. Is it still worth it?

Are you booking the cruise and flight together or separately? If you're booking them separately, maybe you can find the air fare at a lower cost, just by checking different airlines.

Archived