Volendam-Japan, China etc. March

colmil

Two of us are going on a cruise on Volendam in three weeks leaving from Kobe in Japan and visiting Nagasaki, then one port in South Korea, Dalian in China, Shanghai(2 days) Beijing (2 days) and finishing with three nights in Hong Kong.

We have been on several cruises and have always taken local tours to keep the costs down, however, as we are unable to read the local languages, are there any reputable companies there that anyone has used?

We also have no idea of the costs of the usual requirements when on shore such as costs of meals, drinks, etc. It would be a big help when budgeting.

Finally, I will need to keep in touch with my office, as I know that Google restricted some of its content in China, is it easy to use e-mail there and also to receive calls on my mobile if necessary?

Whilst this might sound a strange question, we were in St. Petersburg last year and couldn't make or recive any calls at all whilst inside Russia!

Thank you in anticipation.

Three weeks out, I doubt you can arrange anything at this late date. Your best resources are guide books from your local bookstore/library, the Ports of Call boards here at CC - you've been a member 8 years - and the roll call for your cruise, found here on the Roll Calls forum. Folks on your roll call will likely have been making private tour arrangements for at least a year, but they might have a few seats left on their tours.

I think this may be the roll call for your cruise?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1746174

EM

Archived