Contemplating Concierge Class - not sure if it's worth it?

leela14

Not sure why you think I was talking about you, but if it came across that way I apologize. I don't know if we've ever been on the same cruise or not and my observation was intended to be more general. Also, not trying to judge. I don't think any less of anyone, I just don't get it.

:)

I also love San Juan.

Tom

No one harmed here nor was I cranky, since I was on the beautiful beaches of San Juan for the whole day.

Judge not lest ye be judged!

Not sure why you think I was talking about you, but if it came across that way I apologize. I don't know if we've ever been on the same cruise or not and my observation was intended to be more general. Also, not trying to judge. I don't think any less of anyone, I just don't get it.

:)

I also love San Juan.

Tom

Thank you; I accept your apology. When someone copies another's post and responds to it with judgment - one would make the assumption that you are directing your post to them. I also have no idea if we have ever been a cruise at the same time. And I'm not judging, I just don't get why it would matter to anyone when anyone else leaves the ship.

The only things that were of interest were the priority embarkation and disembarkation and the priority meal bookings - the amenities did nothing for us. But I've seen little on those "perks" so it's not looking like its worth the $200.

I would not book a CC room on an S class unless the price differential was minor. Even then, I would only do it for two reasons - location and footstools (or in the case of M class, extra space in the room). (I am already Elite so don't need the points). Some of the 'benefits' are dubious in my opinion. Frankly, I prefer the normal sized towels in regular rooms - trying to fit that thick bath towel on my head when my hair is wet makes me feel like one of those dancers in a Las Vegas production show:). I also prefer the thinner bathrobes as they do not take up so much room in the closet. We have always been successful asking our room steward for feather pillows, even though there is no official 'menu' in standard cabins. If you like appetizers, just put in a standing order from room service for fruit, or cheese plates, or similar. Pack your own umbrella and bring along a small pair of binoculars. For way less than the difference in price of the rooms (usually) you can order yourself a whole boquet of flowers. That takes care of the majority of the so-called 'perks', but to each there own - some people love the little extras.

For an S class ship I think I'd only book CC if i weren't already elite (which I'm not - so I'm hoping to until i get up there!). I have a CC reserved for my Summit cruise in October. My first CC to boot. I've done only 1A on Celebrity so far.

I'm Elite and have been for awhile. I would book CC because I prefer the cabin location, amenities and because I am pretty sure there will be another Captains Club level (or 2) soon. I do not have a lot of cruise credits (like a lot do) but would like to get over 25 and then see what the levels will be after the dust settles. Our points are all on sailings over 12 days so we did it the hard way.

Archived