Mexican Rivera

Italy52

I went in January - the LA weather, including the sailing days going South and North - were a bit chilly - 50 & 60 degrees. Once you hit Cabo and below it warms up significantly. I am in my 20s but there were many older people who thought the weather was perfect - not too hot that they would have trouble getting around. If I was going with a grandparent I would pick January again as the weather being too hot was not a factor.

What's the best month to avoid the marine layer? I took the Star from LA back in Sept 03 and the layer was really thick. From LA all the way to Cabo and back there was no sun. It was frustrating looking out to sea and seeing the sunshine less than 10 miles out. I wonder way Princess doesn't simply sail a little further offshore and let passengers enjoy the sun?

What's the best month to avoid the marine layer? I took the Star from LA back in Sept 03 and the layer was really thick. From LA all the way to Cabo and back there was no sun. It was frustrating looking out to sea and seeing the sunshine less than 10 miles out. I wonder way Princess doesn't simply sail a little further offshore and let passengers enjoy the sun?

I'd say from November - mid April, but you never can be 100% sure you'll miss it, since it's weather dependent.

I went the last week of October on the Star in 2003. Beautiful weather, warm, nothing but sun, and the water was warm (when I fell out of a kayak near el archo). I think the week before had some rain, if I recall correctly. But it was fun. We were on the ship for Halloween....

We did the Mexican Riveria on the Star the first week of October 2004 and the weather/water was wonderful and warm. No clouds. No rain. Just smooth sailing! We had such a great time that we're booked again on the Star for the October 8th sailing.

We were on the Diamond mid-October last year. It was beautiful leaving LA at about 78 degrees. Mexico was very hot (94 degrees) which they claim was not the normal - should have been at least 5 degrees cooler. The last day coming back into LA became cool. If you went to the pool at the back of the ship it was beautiful because there was only a gentle breeze. If you went out on your patio it was windy and cold. We had no rain -- only sunny skies. What more could you ask for?

We are going on the Sapphire on Dec. 31 to celebrate New years on the ship. If you haven't been on a ship for New Years Eve, it is a blast! We were on the Coral Princess last year, but on New Years Day we were up early as we were entering the Panama Canal. Looking forward to this one since we have 2 sea days at the beginning. I am not worried about the weather. From L.A. to Ensenada, we may get some rain, but once you get further south, it should be fine. By the way, we still haven't found cc people going on this cruise yet....I have been trying on the roll call for months. So, if you want to go, we would love to meet people.

I am a platinum member with Royal Caribbean and have never sailed on Princess, thought maybe this would be a good time to try it , since my sister and I are going to do the Mexican Rivera and she lives in California

I know that royal carribbean tenders in Cabo-does Princess dock or tenders there?

Please help me make up my mine !

Our first Princess cruise was this past New Years Eve on the Coral and we decided to do it again. We are also platinum members with RCCL but we enjoyed the Princess lines too. Cruzinjudi, when are you planning your trip?

There are a group of us booked for the March 10, 2006 sailing of the Dawn Princess..anyone else on that trip..Join our rollcall!!! :D This itineary is rt from San Francisco.

For those that have taken Mexican Rivera sailings any suggestions for tours that are good..or things to avoid?? thanks :rolleyes:

Yes we have been looking at the ports of call threads..

We sailed the Diamond last Oct 8th to Mexico. Sunny Skys the entire cruise, smooth sailing on the way out, encountered wind and swells on the way back which is the norm. Ports of Call were warm and humid. Hoping for the same great weather this Oct 8th on the Sapphire. Anyone else on the Sapphire Oct 8th sailing check out the roll call boards for the thread.

Archived