Will the Miracle sail through this Blizzard?

KPfromCT

She's gotta be headed back up the East coast....And with the winds predicted for us tonight, up here in the Northeast, I am thinking the seas are going to be BUMPY:eek::eek: Will they hang down South for a while and wait for it to pass, or just blast through it? Hope all onboard are OK:)

She's gotta be headed back up the East coast....And with the winds predicted for us tonight, up here in the Northeast, I am thinking the seas are going to be BUMPY:eek::eek: Will they hang down South for a while and wait for it to pass, or just blast through it? Hope all onboard are OK:)

They'll "plow on through"...they aren't expected to port until Sunday.

Bradley in CT cancelled all flights after 1:30PM today:eek::eek: It is snowing like CRAZY here already. How is NY?:o

It's been snowing steady since 7. They said there'd be decreased amounts with a rain mix, but there's been no rain mix here on the 287 corridor. ALL SNOW!

Right now they are only still by the top of Florida so I don't think the storm is effecting them much and by tomorrow they will only be by Virginia Beach...you can check where they are just type in Carnival Miracle location in google.

I'm here in the Va Beach area. Boy did it pour last night and this morning with some crazy winds. But it's just about over now and it will be in the 40s no wind or rain tomorrow.

I wish the Glory was coming to get me now instead of In May!

Carnival Web-Site Winter Advisory

NORTHEASTERN U.S. WEATHER UPDATE

We are currently monitoring the severe weather that is expected to hit the northeastern U.S. this weekend. All voyages from our Northeastern U.S. ports, including those from New York and Baltimore, are expected to operate as scheduled.

We realize that there have been many flight cancellations due to the storm. Those guests whose travels are affected and have purchased Carnival’s Vacation Protection Plan would be covered for any trip interruption or delay.

We will provide additional information as warranted.

They will be sailing on time, hope the people that can't get to the dock because of the weather bought insurance, many will not make it and demand that Carnival refund their money, I say to bad, buy the insurance.

They will be sailing on time, hope the people that can't get to the dock because of the weather bought insurance, many will not make it and demand that Carnival refund their money, I say to bad, buy the insurance.

Insurance usually only pays to catch up to the ship should you miss it. It doesn't refund you just because you do miss it.

Right now they are only still by the top of Florida so I don't think the storm is effecting them much and by tomorrow they will only be by Virginia Beach...you can check where they are just type in Carnival Miracle location in google.

The storm is already well past Virginia on Friday eve ... they'll be fine.

Here in Chicago the storm went right around us but hit our kids up in Northern IL pretty bad. We have been so lucky this year with the weather. Nut I need to know on wood we are leaving next week for NOL for our cruise on that Sunday.

well, i personally hate to have to buy insurance, and i would never wish a "too bad buy insurance" thing on anyone.

i hope and pray that everyone makes it to the ship on time and safely and everyone debarking makes it safely home.

I'd hate for anyone to miss their ship, and have to pay for a ship that sailed without them....even if insurance did reimburse them for the cost, it's still a bummer.

safe travels to all!

The storm may be long gone but those waves will still be really bad. It sometimes takes the waves weeks to really calm down. They are in for a really rough night on Saturday for sure. I guarantee there will be a lot of "clean ups" on that ship.

I was on the Fascination once out of Norfolk after a noreaster storm and the crew was even sick. So many of them were seasick that they cancelled ALL activities on the last night. It wasn't pretty.

I hope they all wear the patch before getting on the Miracle.

Insurance usually only pays to catch up to the ship should you miss it. It doesn't refund you just because you do miss it.
As posted on Carnival's Home Page

We are currently monitoring the severe weather that is expected to hit the northeastern U.S. this weekend. All voyages from our Northeastern U.S. ports, including those from New York and Baltimore, are expected to operate as scheduled.

We realize that there have been many flight cancellations due to the storm. Those guests whose travels are affected and have purchased Carnival’s Vacation Protection Plan would be covered for any trip interruption or delay.

As posted on Carnival's Home Page

Yup. Which pays to catch up with the ship.

Storm will be long gone by the time the ship comes in.

The storm may be gone but the after-effects will still be there for quite some time. Right now there are hundreds of thousands without power, expressways closed, piles and piles of snow.

If the ports lose power, will they still unload the ships? Having never cruised from the east coast, does the luggage come out on conveyor belts or is it just put into a warehouse? If the port loses power can they still load new passengers without their computers? Will the port even be open?

Archived