website prices for cabins on I.E

Cappers

Well,,after much deliberation I have decided we are going on the Spirit of the Med cruise for Easter. Trying to book it tonight and noticed that price shown was £510pp based on an inside cabin on deck 5/6. When I got to the cabin choices I opted for a deluxe cabin which showed a supplement of £105 pp,,so that should have put an extra £210 on total price..yes? NO,,it showed up as £284,,3 times I tried and it did it every time. Maths aint my best subject but that can't be right surely. Anybody else noticed this discrepancy?

Have you tried booking without upgrading the cabin?

I expect it will show a cabin upgrade price for the 5/6 inside cabin, if this isn't the lowest grade? It should show £74 pounds, if so, that is your answer.

Just tried myself, when you are on the cabin page, look at the price breakdown on the left, it shows as £84 for the 5/6 inside cabin, the base price ncludes this. Price shows £1020 with inside 5/6, change to the higher grade cabin at £105 each, price goes up to £1230, so is correct.

Hhmmm,,if the base price shown is "based" on that cabin grade then surely it should not be shown in that left hand column as an extra charge?? I've been looking at this cruise and pricing it up for at least 2 weeks now,,along with several others while deciding which one we wanted, and it's never shown the breakdown like that before. I wondered if it's anything to do with the offer of the book before feb the ?? and get x % off the price,,but then they add that cabin supplement back on which effectively negates the discount they claim to be giving you! Most puzzling. I'm going to nip into my local Thomson shop today and query this with them,,I like to look a person in the eye about these sort of things! If I phone they will just give me the usual excuses.

Hhmmm,,if the base price shown is "based" on that cabin grade then surely it should not be shown in that left hand column as an extra charge?? I've been looking at this cruise and pricing it up for at least 2 weeks now,,along with several others while deciding which one we wanted, and it's never shown the breakdown like that before. I wondered if it's anything to do with the offer of the book before feb the ?? and get x % off the price,,but then they add that cabin supplement back on which effectively negates the discount they claim to be giving you! Most puzzling. I'm going to nip into my local Thomson shop today and query this with them,,I like to look a person in the eye about these sort of things! If I phone they will just give me the usual excuses.

You are reading it wrong, it is not adding in the 4/5 inside on, it is included in the base price. The cruise is £510 per person based on a 5/6 inside cabin.

If you then look on the left, you will see it is charging £84 for the cabin upgrade to 5/6 inside, but the total price is £1020, which is £510 X 2, including the cabin upgrade.

Add on the Premium cabin at £105 each, price goes upto £1230, which is correct, £510+£105 = £615 X 2 = £1230.

Yes, it does then show the upgrade price of the cabin is more than £105, but the total price isn't, as the base price you were quoted of £510 included a cabin upgrade of £42.

The reason it shows it as an upgrade charge for the 4/5 is because it is not the cheapest cabin, but is the cheapest now available, thus it appears in the base price. If there was a 3/4 inside available, the base price of the cruise would be £42 less, £468 each.

Hope that makes sense to you now.

Thats just what my son said! I understand it now,,thanks folks for your help,,yet again.

Anybody know where the premier cabins are? I suspect I know of at least one gentleman that would know this answer ;)

Thank you kind sir,,I bow to your superior knowledge:D So,,the premier cabins are on a lifeboat deck? I take it that means some of them will have obstructed views then? They are outside cabins aren't they?

I know ,,I know,,,I'm a flipping nuisance,,sorry. :o

I personally wouldn't want to be up that high....they always put the dearer cabins up high but the more stable cabins are lower and midships!!! :) we had deck 7 and deck 6 midships-ish and 6 was more stable when it gets a bit choppy!:eek:

Cabins may not be as big but they are clean and comfy!!

I personally wouldn't want to be up that high....they always put the dearer cabins up high but the more stable cabins are lower and midships!!! :) we had deck 7 and deck 6 midships-ish and 6 was more stable when it gets a bit choppy!:eek:

Cabins may not be as big but they are clean and comfy!!

Aaahhh yes,,the more I pay, the more I sway!!

Archived