Disembarkation question

Eliza10

We will be arriving in Southampton at 7am September 2013 on Marina. Does anyone know roughly what time we will be able to disembark please? I would like to book a taxi to the airport. Would 7.30 be a reasonable time to book the taxi, if anyone has any experience with this final disembarkation port, I would be very grateful for any information.

We will be arriving in Southampton at 7am September 2013 on Marina. Does anyone know roughly what time we will be able to disembark please? I would like to book a taxi to the airport. Would 7.30 be a reasonable time to book the taxi, if anyone has any experience with this final disembarkation port, I would be very grateful for any information.

I don't think any of us can tell you

The ship could arrive early (just happened to us in Auckland) or late

The ship could clear quickly or it could take a while (totally unpredictable)

You can certainly ask to disembark at first opportunity but there is no way to guarantee that you will be off the ship at 7:30. If you book the cab, make sure the driver is willing to wait and find out the charge for waiting time.

What time is your flight and is it from Heathrow?

I certainly wouldn't aim to be off of any cruise ship within 30 mins of the planned arrival time as although it can happen, there are a lot of things that can get in the way.

It will take you somewhere around 90 minutes to get to Heathrow, often a little less sometimes more depending on traffic.

If you are using a local taxi firm get their phone number and arrange a provisional time but update them in the morning when you arrive to avoid them having to try and wait around.

When we disembarked in Miami (having cleared Immigration the day before in Key West) it was scheduled for 0800. I requested an 0830 time. However we arrived early and an announcement was made that disembarkation would begin early. I supposes this can happen any time...or the ship could be late. AND if you are arriving in the UK from a place outside the UK you will have to go through Immigration and Customs before you can get into your taxi. I would not feel comfortable about booking a taxi before 0900 if the ship arrives at 0800. You also should tell Destination Services what time you have booked the taxi for. I am sure they will do what they can to get you off in time for your pickup.

Archived