Chicken tenders and Fries

ladylynne

I have a 20 year old that eats like an 8 year old... only likes chicken tenders and fries. We didn't inquire about this on our last cruise with her so she ate them out of fries. Is there a child's menu available nightly that she could request her chicken tenders? We'll be on the Sapphire late October.

thanks

it was hard to feed her on the cruise... she doesn't enjoy all those meals like we do.... we never heard of a kids menu till after we got back... so I'd love to hear from someone out there that cruised with kids and saw a kids menu.

thanks

My 17 year old son is the same way. Realizing that all fried foods is not best for him, he will also eat hamburgers, steak, ham, baked chicken, salad, fruit, potatoes, rice and spaghetti. He loves broccoli and green beans! That's about it for lunch and dinner.

On our cruises, we ask that he try one new dish every evening. Sometimes he likes what he eats and will eat it all. With some dishes he doesn't want to eat another bite.

Your daughter's eating habits remind me of a cruise on Sea Princess (later P&O's Victoria, now Mona Lisa), May 89, Kobe Japan to Vancouver BC via Honolulu.

Our table captain pointed out a young man, perhaps 25, travelling with his mother, and seated a couple of tables away.

Three meals a day, for the 15 night cruise, he had steak and french fries, with almost 1/2 bottle of ketchup, and a glass of milk. Every evening at dinner, he wore a bow tie that matched his mother's dress. Strange young fellow, to say the least.

When I was a teenager, I used to eat like the teenagers described here, there was absolutely no going outside my comfort zone. It wasn't until I was out of college that I really started to try new things, and now when I go on cruises, I eat lots of different things. I guess I'm just trying to say that there's hope for your daughter to one day enjoy something other than chicken fingers. :)

thank you so much for everyone's input. I had to laugh about the half bottle of ketchup... my daughter uses about 3/4 at each meal.. well... if it "calls" for ketchup. The waiter from the last cruise had a big bowl waiting for her everynight. I should have bought stock in Heintz! She'll be thrilled to learn she can eat more then fries on this cruise!!:D

Yep, she'll hopefully learn to like different menu items later in life. Our 15 y/o got quite courageous on our Nov '04 Voyager cruise and actually tried (AND LOVED!) the escargot....amazing! Yes, she knew what she was eating...

Now that we're back on land all she eats are chicken tenders, burgers and steak (with french fries). Hope she goes back to the escargot in Aug when we sail with her and her best friend (who is an extremely picky eater and hates seafood!).

Her best friend: "If it lives in the water, it creeps me out."

Us: "Why?"

Her best friend: "Because people pee in the water."

Has me thinking....not sure I want to try anything other than chicken tenders from now on....

Has me thinking....not sure I want to try anything other than chicken tenders from now on....

My country boy husband said that if you knew what chickens ate and scratched around in all day, you'd be a vegetarian.;)

Archived