Drink package spreadsheet

skis2

Wow, a lot of haters (or paid Celebrity shills) on this thread.

I am definitely not paid by Celebrity and my husband and I always purchase the Premium Package. We always receive great, friendly, attentive service at all of the bars. We regularly tip a bit extra in cash, but not on every order and have not noticed any difference in service.

Can anyone tell me if the drink prices on the B1G or CFamilyWales spreadsheets are current. We're considering the pkgs, but we don't drink equal amounts and it may not be worth purchasing 2 if we could get away with 1 pkg and purchase individual drinks for the 2nd person.

Most of what we drink is included in the Classic pkg, but at $44/pp/pn I'd like to get an accurate fix on the actual prices.

Thanks.

Kathy

Please take into consideration if your cruise is port intensive. Some days I was barely on the ship. In fact, for this reason, I bought the premium non alcohol plan and paid for my drinks.

Premium non alcohol is $18. I had my fill of coffee, water and soda.

Premium alcohol is $54. That gave me $36 dollars a day to spend on drinks or $504 on a 14 day cruise. To my surprise, my bar bill was only $150 at the end of the cruise.

Just another way of looking at it. YMMV

I really can't wait to try out our Premium drink package, normally we could never afford something like this. But with the 123 promotion the upgrade from the classic to the premium was very fair. I feel Molecular calling my name :D

This is a great resource, thanks.

We are first time celebrity cruisers, doing a 12 day Med cruise in August. We are trying to decide whether to buy a drinks package or not and if so, which one. Neither of us drink much in the way of alcoholic drinks and so would most likely look at the non-alcoholic packages.

What drinks are included anyway regardless of drinks package as a passenger video I watched on YouTube looked to show a self service soda machine in the buffet and tea and coffee facilities.

Is the soft drink package worthwhile or would it be better to pay as we go? We have prepaid our gratuities when booking ( to get the open time dining).

Thanks, Ben.

Since posting my original comment, the 10 people that I personally know that had problems with their pre-purchased drink plans were able to get a credit from Celebrity after sending them their pre-cruise confirmations of the purchase. So it is good that they eventually took care of the issue, but it still should of been something that could of been handled on the ship.

What amount of credit, and do you mean a refund to a credit card or credit to use on a future cruise?

I have also read in the brochure that you are allowed to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine per room when you embark, with a $25 corkage charge to drink in public areas. By embark, do they mean when you first depart only or each time you embark from the various ports? I'm hoping its the latter but expecting it to be the first...

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, a lot of haters (or paid Celebrity shills) on this thread.

No haters at all. No shills either. I have cruised with and without drink packages, premium and otherwise and have gotten the same very good service all the time.

As another poster said, perhaps you and your friends have gotten the service you deserve?

Don't feed the trolls!

Seriously? Just who would that be? Throwing an accusation at the world is nonsensical.

Archived