Transatlantic Cruise Vision

mosbill

Has anyone sailed recently on the Vision or made this transatlantic cruise on 4/17..how is staying on ship 5 or 6 days before your first port?

I have not made the TA, but recently finished a cruise with 4 sea days. DH and I had a great time on those sea days. It seemed like there was always something to do and the activities staff open to suggestions. Vision was small, but that made it veyeasy to navigate.

I'm taking the Navigator from New Orleans-Rome. Guess how the cruise starts? It starts with sea days right off the bat. Then you arrive in Ponto Degaldo Azores followed by three more sea days to Toloun then to Livorno and Rome. You will feel relaxed before seeing the ports and have the energy to enjoy it.

I would much rather have an itinerary start off with sea days go to a port and then have three more sea days before arriving to the last ports.

I enjoyed my TA last year it was so much fun and the weather was perfect all the way across the Atlantic no rain and it was warm enough to swim and enjoy the sailaway from up on deck. This was in April.

:)We will be on our 4th consecutive Spring crossing of the Atlantic this year. New Orleans to Rome. Previous years have had more ports along the way. This one is more sea days which are GREAT if you can entertain yourself and live without TV for a while. LONG leisurely days to read books from the on-board Library, hours on the Reader if nothing presents that I wan't to read. I am hooked and we are already looking for our Spring 2014 TA, as soon as RCCL releases their new ones. I always go one-way and fly back in Business with FREE airmiles to get home. I personally believe these TA's are some of the best value for money available and I will be sorry to see the "Bargains" quit if the economy really picks up, as it surely will. Mind we don't feel we are taking advantage of a bad situation, but since we have the time and the fair is REASONABLE, we will keep doing it till they stop.

Archived