Coffee card

bled01

Does anyone have info on how much the coffee card really saves compared to buying coffee drinks one off? For example how much is a cappucino?

I originally was not going to get a coffee card as I usually don't drink that much coffee when on vacation, but if I end up getting about half a dozen espresso or cappucino drinks is that going to cost me to the point of making me reconsider getting the card. I imagine if I get the card I will end up ordering more coffee drinks than I normally would...not that there is anything wrong with that.

The cost per drink varies, but was about $4 per on our cruise in October as I recall - a good savings. There is another benefit of the card, though - you get free fresh brewed coffee at the cafe all trip, not the reconstituted stuff from the buffet, but fresh brewed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Check out post #29 on this page; she has a photo of the coffee price list:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785619&page=2

I know I did a cost calculation when the card first came out and it was definitely more cost-effective for me to buy a card than pay individually. I'm a one-mocha-a-day girl. Also, it's a win-win proposition since a card with unused punches can be carried forward to your next cruise.

If you are a coffee drinker, the major benefit to the coffee card is that you get free fresh brewed coffee as opposed the coffe "syrup". The thing to remember is that card does not expire and you can take it on any Princess ship. So, do not use the last "punch" for the specialty coffees and you can use it forever to get free fresh brew!

The thing to remember is that card does not expire and you can take it on any Princess ship. So, do not use the last "punch" for the specialty coffees and you can use it forever to get free fresh brew!

That changed a year ago.

a) The free fresh brewed coffee is only for the voyage on which the card was purchased

b) You can still get the free fresh brewed on that voyage if all the punches have been used

c) Unused punches can be used on future Princess voyages

If you are a coffee drinker, the major benefit to the coffee card is that you get free fresh brewed coffee as opposed the coffee "syrup".

I am a coffee drinker and usually go to Starbucks, but I just don't tend to drink as much coffee when on vacation which is why I'm on the fence with the card. I had read a bunch of threads earlier on this coffee "syrup", and I have to admit that whole thing fascinates me as I previous had never heard of such a concept. I am the kind of person that refuses to drink bad coffee(I rather go without), but I am actually curious to try this coffee syrup concoction regardless just to see how bad it really it.

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

Archived