Jr. Suite on Vision...suggestions?

Hello all!

The DH and I are looking to book the Vision for a Norway cruise later this year. Prices for a jr suite are unbeatable- I've tried looking through threads but can't find much on this ship.

Any suggestions or experiences with a Jr. suite on this ship? I was thinking aft so we would be below the spa versus the pools but I would love some input.

Tips for the itinerary would be appreciated too!

Thanks!

We were in a JS on Splendor for our very first cruise. Vision class JS does not have the walk in closet. But other than that they are nice roomy accommodations. The big balcony will be great for the views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have sailed Vision twice in the last 7 months: Baltics and Southern Caribbean. Both times we were in aft JS cabins (8092 and 8592). Fabulously large balconies. I highly recommend the aft cabins if you can snag one.

We had both a coffee pot and an electric hot water kettle.

Any of the JS across the stern are fabulous - the corners have the full wraparound balcony. I would even consider downgrading to one of the corner D-1 cabins if no aft JS are available. They're well laid out and the balcony makes the cabin seem quite a bit larger.

I would go for portside rather than starboard - the engine vibrations on the starboard side were far worse IMO.

Bring duct tape or something else to tie down the cabinet doors, though - we had 10 meter seas sailing from Geiranger to Bergen, and spent a few sleepless hours as we listened to every drawer banging, plus the TV sliding on its stand. We finally found enough twist ties and miscellaneous items to batten everything down - our cabin steward must have been highly amused the next morning.

It was all part of a grand adventure!

Our second RCCL cruise and the first one with the kids was Vision at Spring Break 2008 and we had a JS 8552. It was spacious and it has a bathtub not just the standard shower. Came in very handy. Liked the balcony too. We really enjoyed it and the next cruise we tried a GS....

We were on Vision last year in June from Oslo to Stockholm. We had JS 8088. The balcony is huge and we used it a lot!!!

There was a filter coffee machine and a kettle.

We would book 8088 again without a doubt :)

(don't know if this is going to work with the pics)

cjff1nfam9n.jpg q9b8nssfl56k.jpghh7w5onninej.jpg

So glad to see this - I want to know what room to book as soon as 2014 sailings come up! I am thinking 8088 as well, or a mid JS (8030, 8032?) Is it a problem that all the JS are on deck 8, under the pool and WJ? I'm thinking the aft rooms would be best for this ship!

Wow- Thank you everyone for the advice!

Both corner aft jr suites are book but all the other aft cabins are available so now we just have to narrow it down between those!

And 10m seas from Gierangerfjord?? Yikes! Better not forget the bonine!!

Take the middle aft. It has a balcony the size of the cabin and has good cover in case it's raining. And you have an amazing view of both port and starboard side. We had it on Rhapsody (Vision's twin) and loved it.

Those 10 meter seas were unusual, but if you do forget the bonine, Guest Services will have an ample supply.:)

We had 8088 on another Vision-class ship (Grandeur) last year. While we loved the gigantic aft balcony, we hated how well-lit it was at night as the lights shone down from the spa area up above all night long. Being able to sit on a darkened balcony while looking up at the stars is really important to us.

We're sailing the refurbished Grandeur again in two months and opted for a midship JS this time.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Archived